TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

2 minutes ago, brickology101 said:

Did anybody notice that the last July 15% and 20% coupons by Toys R Us exclude either the LEGO brand or all LEGO construction sets rather than just LEGO hard to find. Hopefully this is just a temporary thing otherwise TRUTH tactics is going to take another big hit.

I want to say this same thing happened last summer.

• Like 1

So I thought that I had done a pretty good job at learning the coupon stacking that was so 2016. Now that seems to have gone away and the new thing to do at TRU is the price match + discounted GC. I'm ready to jump in on that but can anyone tell me do I need to go to customer service to do the price match or can it be done at the registers. Seems like it will be a giant pain to go to CS line.

So I thought that I had done a pretty good job at learning the coupon stacking that was so 2016. Now that seems to have gone away and the new thing to do at TRU is the price match + discounted GC. I'm ready to jump in on that but can anyone tell me do I need to go to customer service to do the price match or can it be done at the registers. Seems like it will be a giant pain to go to CS line.

You guys have lines at your CS? I'd suggest going there.
  • Like 1

You guys have lines at your CS? I'd suggest going there.

Oh my god yes. The lines at CS are constant and move sooooooo ssssllloooowww. Thats what I was trying to avoid. I see everyone price matching stuff here and figured they had to be doing it at the register because no way would they deal with those lines. Plus the CS counter is past the registers, so you have to walk past the registers with unpaid merchandise which always gives me a bad feeling.
  • Like 1

Pm at register is fine

That may depend on the dollar amount or percentage difference in prices. I've had to have a manager override previous price matches. Some things to note - the price match is limited to 2x an item and Amazon prices cannot be for Prime members only.
  • Like 2

That may depend on the dollar amount or percentage difference in prices. I've had to have a manager override previous price matches. Some things to note - the price match is limited to 2x an item and Amazon prices cannot be for Prime members only.

Thats good to keep on mind -about Prime. Thanks

1 hour ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

Just a heads up for cardholders. I received a one time 15 off 100 coupon in an email this afternoon. Lego hard to find is excluded. Everything else is a go I believe 

what's the subject?

Hi guys, need some help please, received my ($30) rewards email today but has some exclusions (lego)

Im kind of new to tru rewards so I don't know if it's new or not. I've seen many of you posting that you used rewards to bring lego prices down. 

IMG_7181.PNG

IMG_7182.PNG

Edited by Lordoflego

You can use it in store or online.  But you have to use all of it.  If you don't use all of it, the rest go away.  SOme have said not to use it online in case order is canceled for whatever reason, and you may lose the reward and it's a pain to get it back.  They work well in store.  Can combine with TRU cc, gift cards etc.  Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1