TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

The gig is up in my area. Physical coupons only are accepted. No scanning the 25/25% allowed. So now the question is... How to get the actual coupons? 

My TRU is the same way. Sometimes if you ask a cashier or at the CSR desk if they have extra coupons, they'll give you 1 or 2.

I'm happy I was able to grab a Smaug (79018 LM) with the 10%/25%.  I guess the 25 and 10 don't stack together to become a total cumulative 35% - it's 25% off first, then 10% of the post discount price.  Still not bad getting Smaug for $103 after taxes when retail is $130 + tax.  I would have like to get 1 more but the boxes look beat up at 3 different TRU and all the others are OOS.

I tried using a $5/25 coupon with the Smaug by adding on a $2.48 Friends poly that was discounted from $3.99. Coupon wouldn't take per CSR.  Either because it was a clearance item, or maybe because it wasn't over $5 - not sure.

Did the $15 off $100 coupon expire - couldn't find it anymore.

I got a new cashier today, who didn't select the "Use TRU CC" option (so only 20% off and no extra 10%).  She called over one of the regular cashiers to void it, who was like "you don't know what to do for him??" and told her how I always come in on Thursdays, always get LEGO, and always put $1 or $5 on the TRU card.  I need a disguise, my cover's been blown.

Edited by I am Niko
  • Like 4

I'm happy I was able to grab a Smaug (79018 LM) with the 10%/25%.  I guess the 25 and 10 don't stack together to become a total cumulative 35% - it's 25% off first, then 10% of the post discount price.  Still not bad getting Smaug for $103 after taxes when retail is $130 + tax.  I would have like to get 1 more but the boxes look beat up at 3 different TRU and all the others are OOS.

I tried using a $5/25 coupon with the Smaug by adding on a $2.48 Friends poly that was discounted from $3.99. Coupon wouldn't take per CSR.  Either because it was a clearance item, or maybe because it wasn't over $5 - not sure.

Did the $15 off $100 coupon expire - couldn't find it anymore.

you cant stack x off y with the 20/25. either or. used 20/25 on birds and volvos and 5off25 on 13 series minifigs (dogs, corns, fencers)

Thanks for sharing that.  May I ask roughly when you applied for the card?  I just applied at the end of June and got it last Thursday night.

I wasn't planning on getting anything in store but I think now I might like to get a Smaug to go with my ToO.

Sorry for the slow reply. I got my card last November. I really am not sure what caused my code to not work and the TRU and CC reps don't know either (though they might claim differently).

So, I just got the R us credit card by applying online and got the 15% off coupon that is good for 90 days. Can this be combined with the 25% off coupon that is out right now? I know the 10% on Thursday does stack, but curious about the 15% for opening the account. Have some 20% off gif tcards from ebay and thinking about stacking the 25%+15%+20% gc and 8% back in points.

Used the BA-special at TRU yesterday. Back to back transactions for (2) Ectos. $5 off $25 wouldn't work. Employee said it was item specific. Did get the 25%+10% on each though. (scanned coupon stored in OneNote)

I also placed an order online. Used rewards points +gcs (from eBay $10 off $50). What was interesting (and annoying) is that I was taxed for total before gcs were applied. (just an fyi)

Used the BA-special at TRU yesterday. Back to back transactions for (2) Ectos. $5 off $25 wouldn't work. Employee said it was item specific. Did get the 25%+10% on each though. (scanned coupon stored in OneNote)

I also placed an order online. Used rewards points +gcs (from eBay $10 off $50). What was interesting (and annoying) is that I was taxed for total before gcs were applied. (just an fyi)

you cant use 5off25 and 25% on the same purchase. either or. i used it 5off25 on minifigs (as its for total purchase, not just one item) and it worked just fine.i  doubt its item specific

i got a few ISDs yesterday at $87.xx out the door (20%sale, 10%thu, 15off100, raise 13%GC, total 37% off MSRP). what the lowest these went for in the past?

Edited by jerryherb

you cant use 5off25 and 25% at the same im. either or. i used it 5off25 on minifigs (as its for total purchase, not just one item) and it worked just fine.i  doubt its item specific

i got a few ISDs yesterday at $87.xx out the door (20%sale, 10%thu, 15off100, raise 13%GC, total 37% off MSRP). what the lowest these went for in the past?

The best I've done is $139.99 - 25% - 10% - $20 ($100 EBay GC) = $74.49, but it just depends on the gift card you use

The best I've done is $139.99 - 25% - 10% - $20 ($100 EBay GC) = $74.49, but it just depends on the gift card you use

actually i forgot to include $15 off in my number (no coffee yet this am) the total should be around $74.64 before tax. 

@exciter1: i think you meant $139.99 - 25% - 10% - 20% ($100 EBay GC) as the price before gift card is about $94.50 (before tax). if over $100 with tax then it would be -$20 but remainder over $100 would receive no GC discount.

Edited by jerryherb
  • Like 1

regardless. yesterday pickins appear as good as they get on the ISDs unless you can find  them at walmart/target clearances at 50% in some distant implausible future. in that universe target wont jack up the original price to $199 and walmrt will have them in stock like their app says it should, and they will be minty fresh with perfect seals...

Edited by jerryherb

you cant use 5off25 and 25% at the same im. either or. i used it 5off25 on minifigs (as its for total purchase, not just one item) and it worked just fine.i  doubt its item specific

well I asked her to see i the $5 off $25 would work after everything else had been applied and as she looked at her screen told me "no its apparently its specific"

regardless. yesterday pickins appear as good as they get on the ISDs unless you can find  them at walmart/target clearances at 50% in some distant implausible future.,

are the ISDs decent for xmas mayhem or are people buying for personal collection?

yes. daily deals has it posted at least 3 times in its tapeworm thread.

ok. I love digging for big worms. They catch bigger fish.

I wasn't planning on buying anything today, but had to kill a few minutes so I just wandered into an area TRU to see if anything new and exciting was on the shelves - Imagine my delight and surprise when I stumbled on an Arctic Supply Plane sitting on an endcap!

• Like 5