Hey I'm Dave

Hey guys, my name is Dave and I am new here, and interested in investing in some lego sets for buy & hold potentials. 

>Things I understand about investing in Lego
> Invest in Big Sets, with "limited edition" or Movie/character themed sets (Ex. Starwars)
>The longer you hold, the more valuable (Usually)

This being said I am looking at investing in a good movie/character themed set to sit and hold on. ($100-$300 budget apx. per set.)

Does anyone have any good suggests in a Good set to invest in that suits my criteria?

Nice to meet you all.

Looking forward to getting to know yall.

-David

15 minutes ago, tom red said:

Hi dave.i have found not many will tell you what to invest in.some believe they have a crystal ball and keep quiet

Tom, Dave, welcome. Nobody is going to tell you what to buy, and if they do, don't trust the advice without forming your own opinion. If LEGO investing was as easy as asking "what do I buy to earn a 200% profit", buying the recommendation, keeping it in a closet for 3 years and cashing in, everyone in the world would be doing this. Selling LEGO for a profit is not easy. Take the time to form your own opinion, read up on this site and elsewhere, and then buy what you think is best. That way you own your decision and you have only yourself to blame if your plans don't turn out the way you envisioned.

• Like 5

I agree with Phil B, except I will totally tell you what to buy!

Buy what you wouldn't mind keeping. I rarely buy sets for investment that I don't fancy in some way. If a set doesn't perform like you thought, you have some great LEGO to build or give as gifts.

Buy Star Wars and Superhero sets when they first come out and sell the Minifigures and vehicles separately. This will get you used to the process of listing and shipping LEGO. Also, you get first hand look at what demand is like for some of these sets and characters. I've been selling 75145 Dengar and his Swoop Bike for $17.60 shipped. The consensus is that the Eclipse Fighter is it's languishing on shelves, so people may avoid it.*

At first, don't worry about what set to buy, just start selling and reading. People that do well here are pulling from a their previous selling experience when picking what to buy. You'll see the mantra, "buying is easy, selling is hard." Develop that selling muscle, and the rest will work itself out.

Oh, and drive (fly?) from wherever you are to the Western United States and buy Dimensions sets which are being liquidated at 99 Cents Only Stores.

*Don't buy the Eclipse Fighter. It's probably a bad investment. But what if it's not?

• Like 2