Brickpicker Development v4.0

17 minutes ago, brickbuilder77 said:

Maybe you could just charge per meme :)

Could be a fun idea if there was an easy way to enforce it.  I have a few idea, but perhaps we can use your "like" count as a way to pay to post them.  Again is this worth the time, probably not, but would make things more fun.  People with thousands of reputation points it would cost like 500 points to post one where people with 50 or less it would cost 1 point. It will make earning those likes really worth something :)

Just now, Jeff Mack said:

Could be a fun idea if there was an easy way to enforce it.  I have a few idea, but perhaps we can use your "like" count as a way to pay to post them.  Again is this worth the time, probably not, but would make things more fun.  People with thousands of reputation points it would cost like 500 points to post one where people with 50 or less it would cost 1 point. It will make earning those likes really worth something :)

05eeb19620d2d7166787beda62de776b.jpg

• Like 6

Guest TabbyBoy
40 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

Emphasise everything and you emphasise nothing. Memes are like a stuck Caps-lock.

I have a word for that:

Memephasise

Guest TabbyBoy

Since my previous comment was deleted for some unknown reason, here's what the bottom half should've said:

Brickfolio

1. Would it be possible to "mass-edit" inventory items by say, using a drop-down box for quantity at the end of each row then clicking "Submit" at the bottom? It's just that I'm bone idle and it takes too long to edit quantity individually.

2. Are current values worked out by using the average Worldwide sold prices on eBay/Amazon and do they account for selling fees? I ask as the values for most of my sets appear to be quite inaccurate. Please note that my "Quick Flipping" sets are not in my Brickfolio as the amounts change nearly daily.

Thanks!

@Jeff Mack, is there going to be a limit on the number of downvotes per post OR per person? Or is their simply no bottom?  There can be a noticeable snowball effect as a positive upvote starts to get noticed.  The same is true for the faster for the downvoting as well.  I think a cap might be needed just to prevent excessive trolling.

Guest TabbyBoy
28 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

yes we can activate the dislike feature too

Is there a prize for the most dislikes? ;-)

I've no idea who the winner will be.

2 minutes ago, TANV said:

@Jeff Mack, is there going to be a limit on the number of downvotes per post OR per person? Or is their simply no bottom?  There can be a noticeable snowball effect as a positive upvote starts to get noticed.  The same is true for the faster for the downvoting as well.  I think a cap might be needed just to prevent excessive trolling.

Right now it is set that a person can give 50 positive per day and 5 negative per day.  I can just put this back to the way it was if we feel that people can't be mature about.

If a post sucks, it sucks, you can't polish a turd.

• Like 2

Just now, Jeff Mack said:

Right now it is set that a person can give 50 positive per day and 5 negative per day.  I can just put this back to the way it was if we feel that people can't be mature about.

If a post sucks, it sucks, you can't polish a turd.

I'd wish I could give you two upvotes for the reasoning and the current meta reference there.  Here, have one of these instead! ⭐

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

But u sure can gold plate it 

You mean by putting it in a nice pretty box and charging a high price for it? Hmmm... I think a well-known toy company already does that.

With the Postive/Negative "Hearts", how about say, >25 positives puts the comment in bold font to divert attention to an important post and >10 negatives simply deletes it?

I used to do something similar in a social activity forum in my last job and it stopped a lot of trolling in its tracks.

This would then save the mods from deleting a lot of comments and perhaps mine can stay up for at least 5 seconds.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, Jeff Mack said:

i like that

I thought you would. I used to be a master troll on the Yahoo news forum and if you had a high negative "score", your comment would be hidden meaning that more and more people would click "unhide" to view it out of curiosity. I once reached the maximum 999 "hates" on their website and there's no way that I can ever reveal what I typed that day on here! ;-)

Jeff, one thing that a Husker board I'm a member of has is that after so many upvotes the whole post is tinted yellow.  After even more upvotes it gets a deeper yellow.  It allows folks to scan a thread that may have a lot of posts and see what is pertinent info and what is junk.  Anything with like 5 downvotes would get collapsed as well. 

Sorry to be a dissonant but not liking the new like/dislike functionality. Likes have suddenly become anonymous. I liked it that you could see who liked what post - sort of trolling-protection (especially now that you can give dislikes). It made the site feel much more like a close-knit community versus a run-of-the-mill anonymous internet board. Unless I'm missing something and this info is still out there.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 6