Seasonal Sets 2017

Lordoflego

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to say that I'm surprised by the lack of chatter about this year's Winter Village set.  It's almost July and nadda so far.  People were on to the train concept in February last year, although the first real solid evidence didn't seem to surface until July.  I wonder if they won't bring out the Sweet Shoppe this year - I'm still convinced that was the original plan two years ago when they swapped in the WTS rehash for whatever reason.  There were candy elements in both the free holiday gifts (train and gingerbread house) which seemed to make it a natural fit.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is this supposed to be a box that's the ornament or does the pieces for the tree build come inside? If it's just the box...wow...just wow. I almost think I would rather go on a naughty streak for the rest of the year and get the lump of coal.

oh and this for truth

7 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Holy cow this is ugly

via Brick Fan:

It’s never too early for Christmas news and it looks like we have a first look at a new LEGO Seasonal Christmas Ornament (5004934). As you can see from the images, it’s a new concept consisting of 66 pieces which includes small builds like a tricycle, race car, a gift, and a couple of minifigures. You also notice that part of the build comes out from the top of the box. That’s because the box itself is the ornament and it doesn’t look like there’s an actual tree build which is disappointing.

LEGO Seasonal Christmas Ornament (5004934)

Edited by pstebbing

could have done a better job balancing that decorative lego star on top of the cardboard tree.  seems like its about to fall off.  this has got to be a joke- right?  no way i would sell these because any normal buyer would be expecting the tree to show up in the box in actual lego form.  the tricycle looks cool.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Is this supposed to be a box that's the ornament or does the pieces for the tree build come inside? If it's just the box...wow...just wow. I almost think I would rather go on a naughty streak for the rest of the year and get the lump of coal.

oh and this for truth

The "tree" is just the box. The 66-pc count is the giveaway.