Is this real LEGO? Town Hall Globe

MarleyMoose

Question

parts 61287pb002 and  61287pb001

I bought these new off BL for a Town Hall but I can't seem to find the LEGO trademark on either. I see the number 3 on one and 4 the other. Thinking it is a fake. Can one of you that has a TH easily accessible check for me. I'll admit my eyes aren't what they were but any help is appreciated.

I keep getting an error "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200 " trying to upload other better closeup pics 

20170217_132312.jpg

7 answers to this question

Hey there, it looks just like the one I have from a very small and inexpensive Pirates of the Caribbean set. Brickset says it's the same piece in 4 sets.

Batcave

Town Hall

Sea Cow

and the tiny pirates set.

Based on that, I'd say its real, just maybe not from a Town Hall.

http://brickset.com/sets/containing-part-4633903

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 1

hey moose,

i just looked at new / opened box sea cow.  the 2 piece globe is contained in an inner sealed bag inside bag 7. i don't see a lego imprint or part # anywhere on it.  i just see 4 circular dimples around each inner edge where it locks together.

update: i'm not sure if we compare it to the Sea Cow's Globe's.  however, it could be your camera flash.  

if we go by my Sea Cow set, just be sure the color of the ocean on the globe is dark tan (not sand tan).   plus the land should be reddish / dark brown (not orange-ish ).

according to bricklink and brickset, the sea cow and town hall share this globe....

------

1 hour ago, MarleyMoose said:

parts 61287pb002 and  61287pb001

I bought these new off BL for a Town Hall but I can't seem to find the LEGO trademark on either. I see the number 3 on one and 4 the other. Thinking it is a fake. Can one of you that has a TH easily accessible check for me. I'll admit my eyes aren't what they were but any help is appreciated.

I keep getting an error "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200 " trying to upload other better closeup pics 

20170217_132312.jpg

jaisonline.jpg

• Like 2