75183 - Darth Vader Transformation

jaisonline

from what I can see from all the £30 ish  packs for 2017, is TLG hammering the minifigure after market, most of the minifigures released in these packs are high priced on ebay etc.

Owning a load of high priced minifigures is now getting worrying as when before it was exciting knowing you had something worth a few quid.

They just seem to be screwing with the people that pay high prices for these big set with exclusive minifigures, then release them in a cheap set.

Edited by blocp13
  • Like 2

I´ve always said never to base investment strategy solely on minifigs in a set - the set itself has to have enough merit to fly on its own. Treat them as a bonus, if anything.

Sure, there are some sets like Double Decker Couch that have done well due to minifig content but I do not have much faith in stuff like fun in the park, for instance.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

Since this set is small and based on the prequels, I'll pass. The only prequel set I've cleaned up on so far is the 9515 Malevolence even though I thought it was a turkey at first! I could be wrong again, I have been before.

On 2/20/2017 at 9:06 PM, Val-E said:

I´ve always said never to base investment strategy solely on minifigs in a set - the set itself has to have enough merit to fly on its own. Treat them as a bonus, if anything.

Sure, there are some sets like Double Decker Couch that have done well due to minifig content but I do not have much faith in stuff like fun in the park, for instance.

I read the first line and was like, ooh ooh Double Decker Couch, then you mentioned it and ruined my response. The Riddler Riddle Racer, might be another good minifigure driven set.

35 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

I read the first line and was like, ooh ooh Double Decker Couch, then you mentioned it and ruined my response. The Riddler Riddle Racer, might be another good minifigure driven set.

not so sure.  superhero sets minigs are refreshed so often that people don't seem to care about cool sets w/ awesome mini-figs (e.g. Joker's Steam roller and the 2nd Arkham Asylum).  The Double Decker coach was diff as those minifigs won't be refreshed for years.  

getting back to the topic at hand, Vader and Emp Palp seem to be getting put into more sets.  The damaged anakin skywalker is prob the "key" minifig if there is one.  the retail price is way off though so i expect major discounts in before it's retired.  thus, buy the set on the cheap if you can wait.

• 1 month later...