LEGO City Fire 60110: Fire Station Mixed

Guest TabbyBoy
5 hours ago, Plejades said:

Hello all, 

I have an offer to buy 3x sealed MINT LEGO City Fire 60110 for a total of 120 Euros. I am not a particular fan of LEGO City sets but thought maybe this is an interesting reselling opportunity. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance! 

You could make say,  €12 per set (NOT guaranteed of course!) if you flipped them immediately, but I don't think its worth keeping them as it'll be refreshed soon enough. Personally, I wouldn't bother for such a small profit. One recently sold in the UK for £41 (under half RRP) plus £7.60 P&P which would've left no profit after fees especially since you'll also need 3 boxes and the time to pack them. It's your cal, but I'd walk away ;-)

The days of a run-of-the-mill (VERY available) LEGO set at -50% or even -60% is no longer a sure thing as the competition is just too steep and demand just isn't what it was.

I'll bet you €10 right now that this set will never reach RRP in the aftermarket.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, Val-E said:

5th best selling set of 2016, BTW so I got 2 from 5 in my own predictions.

Bought mainly by/for kids? I can't see AFOLs wanting this in the aftermarket which is where the "performance" comes from. I hope people do well out of this set, but it has to be a crazy low buy-in I think.

Hello everyone,

thanks a bunch for your detailed answers and opinions. After reading through the comments I have decided to take the deal but not as an investment - rather I will be using those as gift for my son, nephew and other relatives. My son is still a bit young for the set (15 month) but I have the storage space so it can wait for him.

Thanks again for your swift and detailed answers and have fun!