Any thoughts on buying bulk lego on Craigslist? I've bought about 40lbs for about $5 per. Just sorting through it. Just saw a post today for what looks to be about 60+ lbs for $200. Any value in buying these set? I found some potential in my first co

Bricklyn1

Any thoughts on buying bulk lego on Craigslist? I've bought about 40lbs for about $5 per. Just sorting through it. Just saw a post today for what looks to be about 60+ lbs for $200. Any value in buying these set? I found some potential in my first couple buys. I.e. Found almost all the pieces to a Spider-Man with figs valued at $50. Feels like it may be a lot of work. But I have kids so I figure worst case the have an abundance legos to build with. Also, any easy way to tell what what sets I have that may be of value?

If you're willing to put in the work, go for it. Just make sure your input doesn't get an order of magnitude higher than your output or you'll end up with a stack of Lego and no motivation to sort through it.

Easiest way to tell what sets you have is by looking at half completed builds, minifigures and large exclusive parts. The more sets you look up, the quicker you'll be able to tell what's in a lot. You can always ask people here if you have a picture of the lot. Some people here have a very good eye and are able to size up a lot in minutes.

Every time I see a nice looking bulk lot and buy it, the fun starts to wear off about 30 minutes after I get home. Within a week, I'm trying to figure out ways to quickly pass it on to someone else.

To me, there isn't much worse than having to bricklink 40-50 pieces to complete sets that sell for $30-40 used. By the time the entire process is done, I figure my hourly salary is about $2/hour.

• Like 1