Bulk purchase, Opinions Please.

So tonight I made the plunge and dived into an investment purchase. Most of the sets appear to be complete with mini figs. Last purchase I made from this seller has been 100% complete sets once I took them apart and pieced back together so I am hoping to have the same luck with this set. Tell me your opinions on if I jumped into this too quick... I have a lot disassembling and reassembling to confirm all pieces are here but I am up for the challenge.

Stars Wars-

8095- General Grievas Starfighter

7929- Battle of Naboo

7957-Sith Nightspeeder

6957- Ewok Attack

8089- Hoth Wampa Cave

7959- Geonosian Fighter

8128- Cades Bane Speeder

7915- Imperial V Wing Fighter

7931- T6 Jedi Shuttle

8093- Plo Koons Jedi Fighter

7930- Bounty Hunter Assault

7961- Darth Maul Sith Infiltrator

8096-Emperor Palpatines Shuttle

10215- Obi Wan Jedi Fighter

8088- Arc-170 Star Fighter

Trains

10219- Maersk

3677- Red Cargo Train

City Sets

7937- Train Station

7208- Fire Station (2010 version)

7213- Offroad Fire and Truck

4440- Forest Police Station

4433- Dirt bike Transporter

3648- Police Chase

4430- Fire Transporter

Pirates of the Caribbean

4183- The Mill

4184- The Black Pearl

4192- Fountain of Youth

4181- Isla de la Muerta

4195- Queen Anne's Revenge

4194- Whitecap Bay

4193- The London Escape

There are some large technic sets mixed in as well as some other miscellaneous sets which I have to sort through still.

I am in to this lot for $675 dollars. Think I will make my money back if all the sets are complete/ near complete?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PringleNation said:

The next step is explaining to the wife why I spent $675 on used Lego. emoji848.png

Even more motivation to get those easy $ sets verified/listed/sold - Then you could proudly explain that after selling just a handful of sets, you got your money back.

Otherwise, she is bound to doubt that you are ever gonna turn your theory of profit into reality.

5 minutes ago, PringleNation said:

After spending some time going through this bulk, I have to admit it's a lot more work than I anticipated. emoji17.png. Anyone in Florida interested in taking this off my hand lol. Can provide pics of everything.

What is so overwhelming? Unless the pieces are all loose, and mixed together, it shouldn't be too hard to get your $ back, and then take profit on the rest as you have the time.

If they are primarily built already - you could just sell them as possibly missing a few pieces (as shown), and still cash in without too much trouble.

What is so overwhelming? Unless the pieces are all loose, and mixed together, it shouldn't be too hard to get your $ back, and then take profit on the rest as you have the time.
If they are primarily built already - you could just sell them as possibly missing a few pieces (as shown), and still cash in without too much trouble.

No they are not all loose by any means. The only thing completely loose now is QARs as I was disassembling to confirm all pieces were there. Most sets are probably 3/4s assembled with loose pieces separated by genre. f555ab468db9857870993ad68df24045.jpg5a1d00c2ebe330515fbbdfd13f9cafee.jpg5ffd52a8ca4fdb9f31a94d72448724f2.jpg28ed5502b7579fc07dc624ce387f4aa5.jpg

Just a few photos of what I'm dealing with.

13 minutes ago, PringleNation said:

After spending some time going through this bulk, I have to admit it's a lot more work than I anticipated. emoji17.png. Anyone in Florida interested in taking this off my hand lol. Can provide pics of everything.

You say bulk and I picture the mixed boxes that I tend to receive.  I can understand the tedium, disappointment and work getting to you. However, it's all a process. Just as an exercise, I plugged all of those sets into the lot calculator and it says a bit more than $1700. $1000 profit would motivate me to double check the sets. Of course, I'm trying to finish putting together a bunch of sets from context clues scattered over multiple bulk loose LEGO lots.

Just did a lot like this and I can tell you if it was me Id check each and every set. Sometimes people will swap out the wrong color or use a similar part. They'll customize it here and there. Usually I have the missing parts but if any of the blue is missing from the maersk train good luck having some laying around. Thats a BL buy to complete for sure.

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

That lot appears gift wrapped for you to make VERY easy money.  If this lot seems daunting, this mode of making money at Lego is not for you.

I remember my first bulk lot was 50 lbs of mixed with all sorts of other stuff with only about 5 partial sets visible. I learned a hard lesson the day that arrived.

2 hours ago, longshot said:

Just did a lot like this and I can tell you if it was me Id check each and every set. Sometimes people will swap out the wrong color or use a similar part. They'll customize it here and there. Usually I have the missing parts but if any of the blue is missing from the maersk train good luck having some laying around. Thats a BL buy to complete for sure.

+1 on this. I bought 12 pre-built Technic sets in October and immediately put them up on BL.  They were all big sets like The F1, Crane Mark II, 24-hour car.  They started selling so fast I didn't have (or more appropriately didn't take) the time to check every piece and I had to send replacement parts to three of my buyers. It was pretty embarrassing. They were all gone by Christmas though and I turned $700 into $1200 in less than 60 days.

• Like 1