Lego 3825 Krusty Krab box question

iahawks550

Question

I purchased 3825 (Krusty Krab) off a local CL seller. It has the older style box with no seals, but rather "punch holes"????

Anyways, on one of the box seams, I noticed a little glue residue which appears a little out of place. The box weight is 488 grams, so that checks out.

I don't want to open the box, as it's in real nice condition, but may be forced to do so unless I can get some verification that a little bit of sloppy box glue may be normal.

DSCF0117_zps64157edy.jpg

As you can see, the glue is at the right edge of the "punch hole"

10 answers to this question

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I purchased 3825 (Krusty Krab) off a local CL seller. It has the older style box with no seals, but rather "punch holes"????

Anyways, on one of the box seams, I noticed a little glue residue which appears a little out of place. The box weight is 488 grams, so that checks out.

I don't want to open the box, as it's in real nice condition, but may be forced to do so unless I can get some verification that a little bit of sloppy box glue may be normal.

As you can see, the glue is at the right edge of the "punch hole"

It looks dodgy to me, have you contacted the seller? I have several perforated rather than sealed boxes in my collection and not one of them has glue residue - sorry ;-)

It was a local purchase. The person I bought it from did not appear appear sketchy, and almost the opposite of that. She was an elderly female driving a $40k vehicle. The contents sound sealed so I may just open it. I only paid $20 for it, so either way, it's not a big deal. Just more curious than anything else.

I wouldn't shake the box may scratch up those doors for Market Street.  Unfortunately this set has some issues because of those rare elements and the lady you bought it off of may not be the original owner and aware of it.  I would open it just for fun since it was only $20 and post pics please.