75180 - Rathtar Escape

exciter1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I finally built one of these. It cost me about $50, which I'm not entirely convinced was the right amount to spend on it. I kind of liked the overall construction. The Rathtars were a little cubey for my tastes, but once you have them lurking in doorways, they look ok. (Mainly because most of the body is hidden. Bala Tik and the Deathgang are nice to have. I like that you could potentially throw a few more sets together to make one enormous corridor. It's got a very modular setup allowing you to make your own custom play area. The hardest parts of the Rathtars to get would probably be the whips if you wanted to make more of your own. I've got another one of these sets sitting around and if I get bored enough someday, I might wind up with a big corridor. It's too bad that they put Han and Chewie in this set, only because it leaves the only unique characters in the Falcon Tasu Leech and the Kanjiklub guy. Speaking of, I kind of wish there were more Kanjiklub gang members (Those freaks?) 

I'm afraid that if anyone invested their money in these sets they'd have a hard time recouping the money. Just too expensive for a set that basically looks like nothing that was in the movie. open sides and narrow pathways makes it look more like a bridge than the inside of a ship. It's going to be hard to make anything on this investment. (Kanjiklub also wants their investment back.) Looking at them now I really do like the Guavian Death Gang minifigures. even though their masks remind me a great deal of an evil Target. What I really don't understand about this set is why a set that retailed for $79.99 gave almost every character a stud shooting weapon. Only Han gets a real blaster, Maybe it's because it is a playset instead of a vehicle or something collector oriented, but even kids have to know that stud shooters are dumb. (Tell that to Kanjiklub.)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I finally built one of these. It cost me about $50, which I'm not entirely convinced was the right amount to spend on it. I kind of liked the overall construction. The Rathtars were a little cubey for my tastes, but once you have them lurking in doorways, they look ok. (Mainly because most of the body is hidden. Bala Tik and the Deathgang are nice to have. I like that you could potentially throw a few more sets together to make one enormous corridor. It's got a very modular setup allowing you to make your own custom play area. The hardest parts of the Rathtars to get would probably be the whips if you wanted to make more of your own. I've got another one of these sets sitting around and if I get bored enough someday, I might wind up with a big corridor. It's too bad that they put Han and Chewie in this set, only because it leaves the only unique characters in the Falcon Tasu Leech and the Kanjiklub guy. Speaking of, I kind of wish there were more Kanjiklub gang members (Those freaks?) 

I'm afraid that if anyone invested their money in these sets they'd have a hard time recouping the money. Just too expensive for a set that basically looks like nothing that was in the movie. open sides and narrow pathways makes it look more like a bridge than the inside of a ship. It's going to be hard to make anything on this investment. (Kanjiklub also wants their investment back.) Looking at them now I really do like the Guavian Death Gang minifigures. even though their masks remind me a great deal of an evil Target. What I really don't understand about this set is why a set that retailed for $79.99 gave almost every character a stud shooting weapon. Only Han gets a real blaster, Maybe it's because it is a playset instead of a vehicle or something collector oriented, but even kids have to know that stud shooters are dumb. (Tell that to Kanjiklub.)

Im not so sure I agree with your assessment. As you stated this set is VERY moduler in design which leads me to believe we are not done with this set. I have a sneaky suspicion that we may yet get Tasu Leech and the Kanjiklub guy or  Kanjiklub gang members. Just like Jabbas Palace and the Rancor Pit I can see this set getting extended at a later date. I could see more hallways and even Rey and Fin who were also missing from this set.  And IF that is true then this set will go for a premium. Now as im writing this i have sen the "latest" sets coming out this year and dont see the add on BUT this set is still on the shelves. So it maybe a stretch but its not out of the realm of possibility.  Besides the death gang members are great figs and i dont believe they are in any other set.. well that is until we get the SOLO movie.. 

7 hours ago, Substored said:

Im not so sure I agree with your assessment. As you stated this set is VERY moduler in design which leads me to believe we are not done with this set. I have a sneaky suspicion that we may yet get Tasu Leech and the Kanjiklub guy or  Kanjiklub gang members. Just like Jabbas Palace and the Rancor Pit I can see this set getting extended at a later date. I could see more hallways and even Rey and Fin who were also missing from this set.  And IF that is true then this set will go for a premium. Now as im writing this i have sen the "latest" sets coming out this year and dont see the add on BUT this set is still on the shelves. So it maybe a stretch but its not out of the realm of possibility.  Besides the death gang members are great figs and i dont believe they are in any other set.. well that is until we get the SOLO movie.. 

The set's on clearance at Wal-Mart, it didn't sell well even when marked down before Christmas, and in the next few years, we've got several new movies that each require new toys, not to mention refreshing stuff from prior masterpieces like attack of the clones. I'd be incredibly surprised if they revisit this to make a similar set with different characters. With jabba's palace and the rancor pit, at least it was different actions being performed.

• Like 1