75532 - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Buildable Figure

exciter1

17 minutes ago, jkris53406 said:

I am not really a fan of the buildable figures, but this is an awesome set. This is from the scene in ROTJ that got me into Star Wars as a kid.

Yep. Most buildable figures fall right in to the uncanny valley, but it works for droids and storm troopers.

Guest TabbyBoy

I like this but, it's a shame about the Disney logo on the box. You can forget investing in any new SW sets as they can come back at any time. Also, Disney will have them churned out by the millions. I only collect one of each SW set now, that's enough for me.

16 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I like this but, it's a shame about the Disney logo on the box. You can forget investing in any new SW sets as they can come back at any time. Also, Disney will have them churned out by the millions. I only collect one of each SW set now, that's enough for me.

Disney or not, STAR WARS sets have been prone to remakes since Day 1 of the theme.  That is just the way that it is.  The trick is figuring out which sets will not be remade or improved.  There is usually some time between releases to resell.  The problem is these new "retro" movies are giving LEGO an even greater opportunity to duplicate vehicles and characters once thought long extinct.

• Like 2

By far the best buildable to date. Scout troopers are my favorite and the speeder is a plus. It only takes a few Awesome buildables to have people be "bite by the completist bug" a few more like this and the series will do very well! I'd say half my inventory is buildables. I know they are not the best sellers but I think they will do well once they retire. It's a gamble but I think it will pay off.

This is definitely the direction they should take buildables. I think this works.

Now I wanna see these buildables:

Han on a tauntaun, Tusken raider on a batha, Darth Maul on his speeder...hell I might even want a Gungan warrior on whatever thing they were riding to battle.

• Like 1

This is definitely the direction they should take buildables. I think this works.
Now I wanna see these buildables:
Han on a tauntaun, Tusken raider on a batha, Darth Maul on his speeder...hell I might even want a Gungan warrior on whatever thing they were riding to battle.

Maybe 1/6 in each set should have something I agree. I think the best selling feature is the price for these (for the regular customer) 19.99-24.99 is the average price. If they start releasing them in the 50-60 dollar range I don't think it will do well overall.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:38 AM, TabbyBoy said:

That's funny. You think there's a long reaching future for this line or that any of them will have eventual resale value anyway.