Star Wars Celebration VIII

exciter1

• 2 weeks later...

Rules

This random drawing is for a chance to get a ticket to purchase items at the LEGO booth.

• Attendee & Professional badges only. No Exhibitors.
  • One application per person only. Attendees will not be permitted to attend more than one ticketed session at the LEGO booth during the event
  • You must have a valid Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017 badge for any days you select. No exceptions. We will be checking your badge confirmation to ensure that if you win the lottery for a specific day, you have a badge for that corresponding day.
  • Tickets are awarded randomly for a specific date and time and must be redeemed for that specific session only. No exceptions.
  • Tickets are not transferrable and ID will be checked.
  • You must bring your ticket to the LEGO booth to be scanned at the time of your session. You will not be allowed to purchase exclusives without your lottery ticket.
  • There will be a strict limit of one of each item per ticket.
  • You will not be able to line up at the LEGO booth before your session begins.
  • Every person in line will require a ticket. No exceptions.

ADA attendees must also go through the same process noted above.

pretty tight rules, no one on your behalf is allowed to get the item for you.

I think it's complete BS that they don't allow every single attendee the chance to buy the exclusives.  They should do a preorder months ahead of the show and make enough for each pre-registered attendee who wants to buy one.  That way you can enjoy the convention instead of wasting hours standing in line or not even getting an opportunity to purchase something due to a lottery system.  It's really absurd.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gregpj said:

Next step... record name and details of ID against numbered set (i.e. 1/5000) to identify crooked reseller scum!

Well, after attending several SW Celebrations, I've observed the folks who run the LEGO booth especially act like they've never used a cash register before.  I think they must all be temporary volunteers.  I would never expect them to implement an accounting system and actually keep track of stuff such as this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

I think it's complete BS that they don't allow every single attendee the chance to buy the exclusives.  They should do a preorder months ahead of the show and make enough for each pre-registered attendee who wants to buy one.  That way you can enjoy the convention instead of wasting hours standing in line or not even getting an opportunity to purchase something due to a lottery system.  It's really absurd.

I have thought about going to celebration quite a few times, but anymore it's like why?  You can live stream the entire thing from your computer... why pay 200.00 for that so you can sit way up in a bleacher and be forced to stand in a line for 12 hours to get to see the bigger events. 

Plus, it's not like this will be a tough set to replicate.

Well, after attending several SW Celebrations, I've observed the folks who run the LEGO booth especially act like they've never used a cash register before.  I think they must all be temporary volunteers.  I would never expect them to implement an accounting system and actually keep track of stuff such as this.

SDCC booth is run by LEGOLAND California employees. They can handle a line, but that's why the experience to get sets has been so bad for years. I willing to bet Celebration will have folks from LEGOLAND Florida.

I think Anaheim may have imported LEGOLAND California folks, too. Bottom line, they have zero experience at crowd control and managing lines.

I have thought about going to celebration quite a few times, but anymore it's like why?  You can live stream the entire thing from your computer... why pay 200.00 for that so you can sit way up in a bleacher and be forced to stand in a line for 12 hours to get to see the bigger events. 

It's not about the set but the experience. It's seeing the cosplayers, looking at the merchandise, meeting up with friends. When it comes back to Anaheim, I'll go again. And I didn't even do any of the panels.

SDCC is the same way. I take a year or two off every few years (I'm in the middle of a break right now - didn't go last year undecided about this year). There's plenty to see and do without hitting panels.

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

I don't even try to see the bigger events. We hang out on the show floor, autograph hall, and smaller panels. Much more to see outside the events, rather than standing in line for a panel, photo op, or autograph. I still ran into JJ Abrams, Anthony Daniels, Dave Filoni, and Ashley Eckstein last time without even trying. We learned clear back during CIII that you avoid certain events, but many other goers have a different idea of fun. Something for everybody, for sure.

• Like 3

thanks for the bricklink moc / parts share.  i'll end up getting one on ebay after celebration but wanted to bricklink one just in-case.

i just placed a bricklink order for 50 of the 54 diff elements for just $21 shipped.  i made sure to chose a seller w/ the cylinder element.

4 hours ago, exciter1 said:

• Like 1