Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

1 hour ago, winder00side said:

Picked this up while breaking my keyboard ordering 75192.  Thought I'd share some pictures of the wallmount that I did. 

Ended up taking down my support structure for the UCS Tie Fighter and harvesting those pieces and a few others I had lying around.  The bottom support bears the entire weight of the set while the upper support is purely for stability.  Both are on Stage 1, so playtability and "show and tell" are not adversely affected. 

Next step...lights!

Nice!  I was considering doing a simple black shelf for it to sit on, and some sort of acrylic hook around the top to keep it from tilting.. your setup gives me some additional ideas.

Edited by flynnibus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a new batch available. Today I bought 3 sets @Galeria to qualify for 20% discount.

Seals show 35S17. It was really interesting to see that they don`t put them on shelves.

I had to ask the employee for it and he went to the storage room. He also mentioned that there is no delivery date before Christmas for that set. 

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, winder00side said:

Picked this up while breaking my keyboard ordering 75192.  Thought I'd share some pictures of the wallmount that I did. 

Ended up taking down my support structure for the UCS Tie Fighter and harvesting those pieces and a few others I had lying around.  The bottom support bears the entire weight of the set while the upper support is purely for stability.  Both are on Stage 1, so playtability and "show and tell" are not adversely affected. 

Next step...lights!

I was going to put this on a very tiny "showcase" shelf on the wall, but this is a much better idea! This way you can see the orange in the engines, bravo! Is it secured anyway to the L brackets? if not an idea might be to use the technic beams to your advantage and slip in a couple nuts/bolts into the holes on the bottom of the L bracket and the Technic beam holes, i'll likely end up doing that to ensure no falling takes place. Used this technique for the 10179 mount construction.

Now i just need to stop selling every one i buy and get to it...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

There is a new batch available. Today I bought 3 sets @Galeria to qualify for 20% discount.

Seals show 35S17. It was really interesting to see that they don`t put them on shelves.

I had to ask the employee for it and he went to the storage room. He also mentioned that there is no delivery date before Christmas for that set. 

reserved one in my local galeria thanks :)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Can someone quick explain what the seal numbers mean?  I can assume batch 35 from 2017 but could be way off on that assumption.  Thanks

And to build off of Cladner's post.

H = Nyíregyháza, Hungary
R = Ciénega de Flores, Mexico
S = Kladno, Czech Republic
Q = Purkersdorf, Austria
B = Shenzhen, China (Not Confirmed)
M = Billund, Denmark (Not Confirmed) 
O = Billund, Denmark (Not Confirmed)

https://community.brickpicker.com/topic/3278-10236-ewok-village/?do=findComment&comment=589037

Edited by pstebbing
  • Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 6:26 AM, Sandwraith said:

I was going to put this on a very tiny "showcase" shelf on the wall, but this is a much better idea! This way you can see the orange in the engines, bravo! Is it secured anyway to the L brackets? if not an idea might be to use the technic beams to your advantage and slip in a couple nuts/bolts into the holes on the bottom of the L bracket and the Technic beam holes, i'll likely end up doing that to ensure no falling takes place. Used this technique for the 10179 mount construction.

Now i just need to stop selling every one i buy and get to it...

Both L brackets have a nut/bolt sticking up through the bottom. They go through the supports' technic holes.  The entire set can be easily rotated &/or lifted off. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redjersey said:

Well, I've just checked and they're sold out again. I hadn't checked since yesterday so I've no idea how exactly long it took, but certainly less than 24 hours.

I ordered one last night from JL and thought about ordering another this morning - that was at 10:30 am. They still had some available to purchase at that time.

On 21/09/2017 at 8:48 PM, raulaco said:

Really unsure about picking up my quota of these now. I have a feeling that this might be everywhere by christmas and I'll be left with boxes gathering dust. Lets see how long it takes for john lewis to sell out. 

The only people buying are resellers. Expect the Christmas competition to be tough.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

The only people buying are resellers. Expect the Christmas competition to be tough.

It won't be as tough when I plan to sell my two to pay for the one I keep... 5 years from now. I'm in no rush and I can't be bothered to fight among the QFLLs.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V