Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

9 hours ago, Deanfjr said:

Disney Castle did the same thing when it was released, it was in & out of stock for a month or two, this has the same feel,

one more month and then everyone can get one...

and it will be "everyone's unborn kids can get one".

31 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Besides them telling us which factory it came from, what are they supposed to tell us? It's not like Lego slaps a SEOL code on there to let us know that the sets at it's end of life ;) .

It tells us when it was made, so once people stop seeing recent dates, they like to panic.

10 hours ago, bigboy61 said:

Besides them telling us which factory it came from, what are they supposed to tell us? It's not like Lego slaps a SEOL code on there to let us know that the sets at it's end of life ;) .

A few years back seal codes were the davinci code......after someone here cracked the code it was a huge deal someone people. I have personally never thought seal codes were a big deal. I am almost certain that as times goes on and lego keeps switching things up more and more the codes will become even less important.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

A few years back seal codes were the davinci code......after someone here cracked the code it was a huge deal someone people. I have personally never thought seal codes were a big deal. I am almost certain that as times goes on and lego keeps switching things up more and more the codes will become even less important.

How about this?

sonnys-bbq-birthday-2014-04.png

9 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

It tells us when it was made, so once people stop seeing recent dates, they like to panic.

It also helps to see how many production runs a set has had, which is useful for estimating popularity. See Angry Birds and Star Wars Millennum Falcon for opposite extremes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stud-Flipper said:

Someone should build alot of these, but repeat the middle section like a dozen times so that it's outrageously comically elongated. It'd be the same circumference and everything, but just like 8 foot tall.

I'm sure there's "rocket enhancement" kits available in the back of some magazines...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Some people like to be able to gather as much information as possible, others prefer to go at it half blind. There is plenty that can be learned from paying attention to seal codes, but you have to be willing to look.

For anyone that got one off Amazon the other day with "Frustration Free Packaging", this is how it just got delivered to me lol.

http://imgur.com/a/cKWiN

Unfortunately the package printing ripped off with the shipping label too...Guess I'll just keep this one for myself.

edit: Seal code 29R7

Edited by BaltimoreBrick

15 minutes ago, BaltimoreBrick said:

For anyone that got one off Amazon the other day with "Frustration Free Packaging", this is how it just got delivered to me lol.

Unfortunately the package printing ripped off with the shipping label too...Guess I'll just keep this one for myself.

They saved you the frustration of opening the shipping box 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BaltimoreBrick said:

At a minimum, provide them packaging feedback.  Their packaging methods have been on the decline, at least for me.

3 hours ago, BaltimoreBrick said:

Mine actually came in the original LEGO box. Set box condition is pristine. Seal code is 29R7

IMG_7086.JPG

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

Just keep it regardless of box condition as this set is the biggest winner in years IMHO. However, it could be worth asking for a discount when you complain. The one I sold for £200 was a tatty one from John Lewis sent in a bin liner and I got 20% off when I complained.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Just keep it regardless of box condition as this set is the biggest winner in years IMHO. However, it could be worth asking for a discount when you complain. The one I sold for £200 was a tatty one from John Lewis sent in a bin liner and I got 20% off when I complained.

Good idea. Amazon's usually good about that. They may offer 10% off or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lego has already released a statement saying that this set is not going to retire until at least next year. So, why would anyone not want to sell their copy now?  It would do at least three things. One, make some end user happy; two, put some extra cash in their  pocket; and three, make them a little crazy to try and get another. If all of us did this, then we would supply the end users, and keep this Lego on backorder. But, if all of us get some and then sit on them, eventually Lego is going to catch up on there orders.  This will drive the price down and flood the market. Really, the best thing we can all do for each other is sell what we have and get more later. 

My opinion, sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! 

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Blake3741 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lego has already released a statement saying that this set is not going to retire until at least next year. So, why would anyone not want to sell their copy now?  It would do at least three things. One, make some end user happy; two, put some extra cash in their  pocket; and three, make them a little crazy to try and get another. If all of us did this, then we would supply the end users, and keep this Lego on backorder. But, if all of us get some and then sit on them, eventually Lego is going to catch up on there orders.  This will drive the price down and flood the market. Really, the best thing we can all do for each other is sell what we have and get more later. 

My opinion, sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! 

I understand, what about those of us in Europe (esp. UK) that still can't buy? I may be alone, but I flatly refuse to pay over RRP for anything ;-)

If LEGO were going to ramp up production of this, I'm sure they'd have done it by now. - it's been months! I even called CS in the UK and I was told that they don't know if or when it's getting restocked here as there's a huge amount of backorders, wishlists and retailer orders to fulfill first.

Also... I'd not be surprised to see a purchase limit of 1 if it ever is restocked in the UK, it'll only sell out within the hour again if otherwise.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V