Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

2 hours ago, Blake3741 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lego has already released a statement saying that this set is not going to retire until at least next year. So, why would anyone not want to sell their copy now?  It would do at least three things. One, make some end user happy; two, put some extra cash in their  pocket; and three, make them a little crazy to try and get another. If all of us did this, then we would supply the end users, and keep this Lego on backorder. But, if all of us get some and then sit on them, eventually Lego is going to catch up on there orders.  This will drive the price down and flood the market. Really, the best thing we can all do for each other is sell what we have and get more later. 

My opinion, sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! Sell! 

you can't believe anything TLG says.  we have a whole thread dedicated to "What I heard from a LEGO employee today" which is essentially a place to mock said musings.  just because tlg says its not going to retire until next year - something TLG has never done once - tip their hat towards a retirement years down the road doesn't mean i would believe them.  maybe it won't retire but it might get restocked at retailers only  3 times and be available at shop at home website 3-4x for a few hours otherwise TOOS unorderable.  

there are no guarantees that you can get more later.  the only guarantee is you can get them when they are in stock.  so far its proven mildly elusive now a few months after its release.  when and if this will change its a guess.  just like how long TLG will produce this set.

when a long time reseller heavy hitter like emazer says he has 20, i take a notice.  why would he load up on a set that is for sure going to be lingering around for years and years.  and he is someone with access to wholesale catalogs etc.

that's what's fun about this game.  you get to place your bets and hope for a surprise.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

They are working on SW releases now. I guess this will come back once the big production for TLJ is done.

Typical turds getting in the way ;-)

you can't believe anything TLG says.  we have a whole thread dedicated to "What I heard from a LEGO employee today" which is essentially a place to mock said musings.  just because tlg says its not going to retire until next year - something TLG has never done once - tip their hat towards a retirement years down the road doesn't mean i would believe them.  maybe it won't retire but it might get restocked at retailers only  3 times and be available at shop at home website 3-4x for a few hours otherwise TOOS unorderable.  
there are no guarantees that you can get more later.  the only guarantee is you can get them when they are in stock.  so far its proven mildly elusive now a few months after its release.  when and if this will change its a guess.  just like how long TLG will produce this set.
when a long time reseller heavy hitter like emazer says he has 20, i take a notice.  why would he load up on a set that is for sure going to be lingering around for years and years.  and he is someone with access to wholesale catalogs etc.
that's what's fun about this game.  you get to place your bets and hope for a surprise.

I'm still flipping mine now. I've been told by multiple outlets, including earlier on this thread, that Lego's plan is to continue production of this set into 2018. I've honestly seen absolutely nothing that would make me think otherwise. The Lego stores around me are still getting them in every few weeks.

I just sold my 19th copy yesterday. My profits after eBay fees, PayPal fees, and shipping costs exceeded $450 in total. I'm not complaining. In fact, you can help me. Keep buying these things, every time you come across them. It will continue to feed my quick flipping campaign. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
3 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

available again at LEGO Shop at Home (US)

NOT in the UK:

We apologise, but this item is not currently available on shop.LEGO.com. Limited quantities may be available in LEGO® Stores.

I also spoke to John Lewis an hour ago and there's NONE due in for the next 4 weeks and... when they do come in, there's not enough for the number of backorders. I honestly think that this set is done in the UK which is why so many are holding back on selling for now. It'll not be a £300 set this time next year, make that £400!

The Mars Rover was just as hot, but at least it was regularly available!

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

NOT in the UK:

We apologise, but this item is not currently available on shop.LEGO.com. Limited quantities may be available in LEGO00ae.png Stores.

I also spoke to John Lewis an hour ago and there's NONE due in for the next 4 weeks and... when they do come in, there's not enough for the number of backorders. I honestly think that this set is done in the UK which is why so many are holding back on selling for now. It'll not be a £300 set this time next year, make that £400!

The Mars Rover was just as hot, but at least it was regularly available!

Why would Lego stop making a set if they can sell every copy they do make?

Guest TabbyBoy
27 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Why would Lego stop making a set if they can sell every copy they do make?

They stopped making the Mars Rover ;-)

If they bring back 21309, I can see them bringing back 21104 as well - why not? We all know that anything can be resurrected at any time.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

They stopped making the Mars Rover ;-)

If they bring back 21309, I can see them bringing back 21104 as well - why not? We all know that anything can be resurrected at any time.

21309 hasn´t gone anywhere, though!

IDEAS has evolved a lot since Mars Rover and so has TLG´s business.

Plus you  haven´t given me a reason why  they would stop apart from comparing it to MR. Why do you think they would kill the goose that lays the golden eggs?

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I understand, what about those of us in Europe (esp. UK) that still can't buy? I may be alone, but I flatly refuse to pay over RRP for anything ;-)

If LEGO were going to ramp up production of this, I'm sure they'd have done it by now. - it's been months! I even called CS in the UK and I was told that they don't know if or when it's getting restocked here as there's a huge amount of backorders, wishlists and retailer orders to fulfill first.

Also... I'd not be surprised to see a purchase limit of 1 if it ever is restocked in the UK, it'll only sell out within the hour again if otherwise.

Literally just got back from My local Lego shop in uk today and purchased 21309 restocked 38 of the product today only allowed one per customer though.question is quick flip or sit on it

5 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I understand, what about those of us in Europe (esp. UK) that still can't buy? I may be alone, but I flatly refuse to pay over RRP for anything ;-)

If LEGO were going to ramp up production of this, I'm sure they'd have done it by now. - it's been months! I even called CS in the UK and I was told that they don't know if or when it's getting restocked here as there's a huge amount of backorders, wishlists and retailer orders to fulfill first.

Also... I'd not be surprised to see a purchase limit of 1 if it ever is restocked in the UK, it'll only sell out within the hour again if otherwise.

Just got back from my local Lego shop with a 21309. Restocked 38 today. One per customer of course. So keep your hopes up. Question is quick flip or sit on it I really don't know 

2 minutes ago, Jackyb1991 said:

Literally just got back from My local Lego shop in uk today and purchased 21309 restocked 38 of the product today only allowed one per customer though.question is quick flip or sit on it

Just got back from my local Lego shop with a 21309. Restocked 38 today. One per customer of course. So keep your hopes up. Question is quick flip or sit on it I really don't know 

what city?

Guest TabbyBoy
45 minutes ago, Val-E said:

21309 hasn´t gone anywhere, though!

IDEAS has evolved a lot since Mars Rover and so has TLG´s business.

Plus you  haven´t given me a reason why  they would stop apart from comparing it to MR. Why do you think they would kill the goose that lays the golden eggs?

Time will tell, there seems to be a distribution problem as the US appear to be getting regular restocks.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 minutes ago, Jackyb1991 said:

Where?

Unfortunately, I live nowhere near a LEGO shop as I live in Reading. I don't fancy heading into the horrors of London (OMG.. I really HATE that place!) so I have to rely on online purchases. I did call the Cardiff branch as I pass through there every few months, but they're unable to reserve one.

My 2p/2c... Flip now for £50 profit or hold until Xmas 2018 for £150 profit ;-)

LEGO prioritising new TLJ SW sets on production lines over 21309 is only hearsay. LEGO could simply have not produced enough, it's happened before.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V