Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V

exciter1

NO stickers according to Lego Ideas Mod:

Hi mikecase,

You'll be glad to know that you won't find any stickers in this set.

The different stages are designed to be easily separated from one another so that you can play through the entire mission. Check out the back of the box :-)

• Like 1

NO stickers according to Lego Ideas Mod:

Hi mikecase,
You'll be glad to know that you won't find any stickers in this set.
The different stages are designed to be easily separated from one another so that you can play through the entire mission. Check out the back of the box :-)

Well, if that's true that is awesome! I am loving that American Flag piece!

3 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

I'm definitely in the minority. 

I know where you´re coming from! Spaceships are not really my thing either but it does seem to be a very nice rendition of an iconic vessel, especially for Americans.

I guess there are always MOcing possibilities to make it more exciting - maybe a send Trump + Boris to the moon mission.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I know where you´re coming from! Spaceships are not really my thing either but it does seem to be a very nice rendition of an iconic vessel, especially for Americans.

I guess there are always MOcing possibilities to make it more exciting - maybe a send Trump + Boris to the moon mission.

I do recognise it's iconic status - it just doesn't seem as if it would deliver as a build experience.

2 minutes ago, Scatterbug said:

I do recognise it's iconic status - it just doesn't seem as if it would deliver as a build experience.

I guess there will be a lot of repetition due to the shape, but it won´t be worse than the UCS Tie in that regard.

12 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I now have something to associate my Kevin Bacon minifigure with.

news-041015f-lg.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

I wonder how many pages of coding she would have needed to make SAH work right.

TLG were asking themselves the same question when they were planning the site's relaunch last year, but eventually they decided to just take what they could get from their friends at NASA and re-used that old heap of code you can see there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Val-E said:

I wonder how many pages of coding she would have needed to make SAH work right.

TLG employees hard at work making the calculations for your "sort by: Price: High to low" request. If a valve burns out before they get the results, you're out of luck.

02102016_ENIAC_programmers_LA.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

• Like 6

14 hours ago, JosephMali said:

Totally awesome set. This (and the fishing store) gives me some hope that Lego Ideas can move out of the smallish set paradigm that they have been in.

Slightly topic high jack here; it's highly unlikely Ideas will approve multiple sets from the same designer/theme, which is a shame. There are other sets that go with the Fishing Store  that are absolutely beautiful.

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas #017: 21309/92176 - NASA Apollo Saturn V