Shop at Home Store calendar and offers - May 2017

warezz

No comment or .gif related to 'a nice box'?  lol

First time that I've seen a close up of this and my spidey sense is tingling. The style of the bag would indicate that Lego intend to sell this and put this on hooks and also the fact that technically it's not a mini figure they are from a licensing perspective allowed to sell them without infringing the license that Kenner have with Star Wars. Initially I had thought about loading up on this but will now probably only get one with the Falcon when it is 40% off. Last thing I want to do is have a load of these thinking that it will be worth £30 and then Lego start to mass produce these at a later date for £5.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

First time that I've seen a close up of this and my spidey sense is tingling. The style of the bag would indicate that Lego intend to sell this and put this on hooks and also the fact that technically it's not a mini figure they are from a licensing perspective allowed to sell them without infringing the license that Kenner have with Star Wars. Initially I had thought about loading up on this but will now probably only get one with the Falcon when it is 40% off. Last thing I want to do is have a load of these thinking that it will be worth £30 and then Lego start to mass produce these at a later date for £5.

Has anyone seen the back?  If there is no barcode I wouldn't be too worried.  It's doesn't look as small as some of the minifig/no barcode polys (Stormtrooper Finn, Green Arrow), but I'm sure there are other larger polys that were never sold.  Were the mini Mini or mini VW T1 ever for sale?  Do they have bar codes?

52 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Has anyone seen the back?  If there is no barcode I wouldn't be too worried.  It's doesn't look as small as some of the minifig/no barcode polys (Stormtrooper Finn, Green Arrow), but I'm sure there are other larger polys that were never sold.  Were the mini Mini or mini VW T1 ever for sale?  Do they have bar codes?

If I remember correctly Mini and vw were promos only.

a few from here bought some of the VW from LEGO Shop at Home when they came back as part of that good deal they had.  It was axed pretty quick though.

Technically any of them can be sold but its a stupid long drawn out process.  If any promo is left over they sit on them for 60 days or 6 months can't remember which for sure then put out.  Last one I have actually seen them sell in a true LEGO store was Kai Drifter I think and everyone knows how great that was.

Guess you could say Winter Soldier too as that was at Downtown Disney for a week or two off and on.  That was nice as I scored 50 in less than 15 minutes. 

Again though that is all up til this point,  I would not be surprised at all to see more promos wind up on shelves of either LEGO or other retailers.  Now even seeing LL exclusives show up in LEGO stores like the train.  

a few from here bought some of the VW from LEGO Shop at Home when they came back as part of that good deal they had.  It was axed pretty quick though.
Technically any of them can be sold but its a stupid long drawn out process.  If any promo is left over they sit on them for 60 days or 6 months can't remember which for sure then put out.  Last one I have actually seen them sell in a true LEGO store was Kai Drifter I think and everyone knows how great that was.
Guess you could say Winter Soldier too as that was at Downtown Disney for a week or two off and on.  That was nice as I scored 50 in less than 15 minutes. 
Again though that is all up til this point,  I would not be surprised at all to see more promos wind up on shelves of either LEGO or other retailers.  Now even seeing LL exclusives show up in LEGO stores like the train.  

The VW bus showed up a second time as a promo item... The "seal codes" were old and they had a lot of them.

So even if they produce more than they give out, no guarantee they go up for sale. With new SW movies on their way I'd be surprised if they sold leftover stock rather than hoarding for another promo day.

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

The VW bus showed up a second time as a promo item... The "seal codes" were old and they had a lot of them.

So even if they produce more than they give out, no guarantee they go up for sale. With new SW movies on their way I'd be surprised if they sold leftover stock rather than hoarding for another promo day.

Yeah that is what I was referring to was the 2nd batch.  That you could buy them briefly that time.

Stores only got 6 30ct cases on average for r2 so 180 won't last long.  The fact it's a 30ct though leads me to think it might come out somewhere else down the road.  Would much rather it had been 200ct like yularen was