Dilemma -What to buy?

So TRU are doing their annual Easter £10 gift card giveaway for purchases of £40; SAH will shortly giveaway the mini VW Beatle for purchase of £35 and next month will giveaway the R2 along with double vip or 10% off as part of May the 4th. So question is, is here anything that's worth getting to get these giveaways? I was looking in TRU today and apart from a couple of constraction figures that were 35% off there was nothing that looked anything remotely interesting from a personal perspective never mind for investment purposes. Thoughts?

Only thing they have is the Rebel Frigate at RRP and the Spider-Man tanker set. Both are definite no nos from an investment perspective

Why is the Frigate a no? I just picked up the last one at my TRU last Thursday when I cleaned them out of Ford F150's. I stacked my 20% coupon and TRUTH on it. Just curious why you feel this way about it.

35 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Why is the Frigate a no? I just picked up the last one at my TRU last Thursday when I cleaned them out of Ford F150's. I stacked my 20% coupon and TRUTH on it. Just curious why you feel this way about it.

Only logical answer is to buy these

download.jpg

• Like 1

If i remember correctly, last year,  2 £10 offers overlapped in TRU.  I'm waiting (hoping) for this.

1 £10 gift card for spending £40 + another £10 for spending £40 on Lego.  So a £40 spend on Lego got you 2 x £10 gift cards.  One could only be spent of Lego and the other on anything.

Only problem is there is no scooby doo or JW to buy this year.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm only buying the new chess set as a gift and will probably just give the VW Beetle away as it'll race to the bottom within a week. I'll also buy the new MF, but only if it's at least the size of 10179.

TRU Netherlands has a 20% off all LEGO promo running till April 13th, starting today. That's the cheapest way to get a UCS TIE Fighter (RRP at €230, through TRU with 20% discount for €160) or UCS Slave-1 (RRP €200, through TRU with 20% discount for €160).

Other than those sets, I don't see much that interests me.

If i remember correctly, last year,  2 £10 offers overlapped in TRU.  I'm waiting (hoping) for this.
1 £10 gift card for spending £40 + another £10 for spending £40 on Lego.  So a £40 spend on Lego got you 2 x £10 gift cards.  One could only be spent of Lego and the other on anything.
Only problem is there is no scooby doo or JW to buy this year.

Last year there was also ant man which I loaded up on and it's price point along with the voucher made it easy pickings. This year nothing jumps out. There's the Beatles yellow submarine but that still looks pricey as an entry point since there should be sales later in the year and also still too early. Potentially Eiffel Tower might be worth a punt

Guest TabbyBoy
1 minute ago, LahH001 said:

Last year there was also ant man which I loaded up on and it's price point along with the voucher made it easy pickings. This year nothing jumps out. There's the Beatles yellow submarine but that still looks pricey as an entry point since there should be sales later in the year and also still too early. Potentially Eiffel Tower might be worth a punt

I agree, Eiffel Tower could be the last Architecture set with a chance of running straight out of the blocks after EOL. However, it's not discounted much apart from currently being £25.99 at Tesco. The Entertainer shows it as discontinued. I filled my boots during Tesco's first 3-for-2.

Emazers... is the ET on the 2017 US wholesale list as it may not be on the UK one?