Sell older sets locally or online?

Hi all,

I recently picked up 6399- Airport Shuttle at an estate sale and just ordered the last of the missing pieces this week. This is my first attempt at reselling and I could use some advice. Would you recommend trying to sell the set locally first to avoid shipping and fees or should I list it online (i.e., Bricklink, eBay, Reddit, or Brickpicker) because this is an older and more expensive? Thanks!

I list very competitive prices on craigslist regularly, and in three years have never made a sale.  Lot's of guys want to trade me their 10 year old cell phones, or lawn mowers that "just need a tune up", though.  Others talk about using craigslist & local facebook for good money all the time. Depends on your local market.  I would list your item simultaneously on ALL the platforms you can. See what works.

• Like 4

Ken's advice is solid. Also take a look at Letgo and OfferUp marketplace apps.

You'll probably have to deal with people offering silly trades, making lowball cash offers, or telling you they're Iraq War vets so can they just come pick it up for a conversation over beer and cigarettes. But if there's no urgency to sell, you only need to find the 1 buyer who'll pay your asking price to avoid fees or the hassle of shipping.

• Like 1