Lego and me (my second intro)

I remembered playing with lego a lot till way into my adult life, not to mention the time i played with together with my daughter with her Lego Friends. 

As kid, ive lived in the tropical zone of Indonesie. The local area was quite a primiteve area with no shops or infrastructure. I remember my dutch grandparents to send lego with the dutch news papers by mail, once in a while. The papers were wrapped and included some small lego elements. And a few donald ducks, of course :-) I knew some other kid, a close friend, we played with lego together. I was envious, he owed a lot more. Once, i stole some of his stuff, naughty me. I felt quitly so a lot years after it, i returned some new lego by mail, after we moved back to netherlands, to cleanse my quilt, haha.

I remember creating new things. Often, planes. Till we returned to the netherlands,i had no serious official models anyway. In the netherlands, i got 2 plane models for my birthday, that was something. Still, i had the tendency to build my own kind of creations. I remember constructing only a plane wing with a wheel that could be withdrawn inside it. As adult, when i left the parents house, i still had one box with me with my lego stuff. On occassion, i played with it, creating some things. Alas, i had some issues with a very nasty land lord. In short, ive lost the box and with it some memories of my lego past. 

As said, during my marriage time i played a few years with my daughter. She had quite a collection. I admit my sin : we also bought some fake stuff like Sluban. Oh man, that stuff was really crap. Yes, they had some cool stuff but we never bought a lot of it. After my divorce, ive lost my interest in lego for some years. So now, im back to invest in it, instead of savings. To be honest, my saving skills are crap. It takes too much self-control to leave the money in the bank, haha. So i decided Lego is a good idea : its much harder to kapitalize it that easy, so its less tempting and fun, and a interesting investment.

CZ

Edited by Zandbergen
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Zandbergen said:

So now, im back to invest in it, instead of savings. To be honest, my saving skills are crap. It takes too much self-control to leave the money in the bank, haha. So i decided Lego is a good idea : its much harder to kapitalize it that easy, so its less tempting and fun, and a interesting investment.

As if it's easier to not open all those wonderful LEGO boxes that you store as investment, ha ha ha. I need more self-control to leave my investment-Lego untouched than to leave money at the bank. :P 

• Like 1