Colored brick Holiday Bauble

Kenxxx

I bought 5 or 6 of the Holiday Bauble 853345 (gold bricks) on clearance a few months back... can't recall what I paid... $2 or $3 each?  Have had them on Amazon FBM ever since at the lowest price ($11.90 shipped) and have not sold a single one (despite this being the cheapest Lego ornament I found in a quick search).  I was just thinking about opening them up and parting out the bricks.  Interesting... the tag says "43 pcs"... I now learned that means 40 bricks + 2 ornament halves + 1 gold ribbon.  Doing a little more research, I see that a few are selling on eBay around $10 each... maybe I'll just do that.  One other idea... part out the bricks, and sell the empty baubles separately around next Christmas season... perfect for making your own decorations?

img_7522.jpg

• Like 2

I was going to say: Who _IS_ buying christmas stuff this time of year, especially when it's not on sale .... but then I sold a christmas bundle (24-in-1 calendar, snowglobe, reindeer poly) on EBay recently so there are people out there who plan ahead. I'm keeping mine (I've got 15 all bought at $2) till closer to the holidays, and if they don't sell (or the market gets flooded, or LEGO decides that this comes back from the dead), I'll part out the bricks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I sold two ornament halves on Bricklink recently. I love these things. They may be worth having in November. I parted out all the gold ones I had for my personal collection. I love owning a huge bag of gold bricks. Now, what to build...

14 minutes ago, randrace said:

I sold two ornament halves on Bricklink recently. I love these things. They may be worth having in November. I parted out all the gold ones I had for my personal collection. I love owning a huge bag of gold bricks. Now, what to build...

Trump Tower comes to mind ....

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, randrace said:

Should do the original master of money scrooge Mcducks money vault.

• Like 1