10179 - $3000

Brickson

Hey guys! It's Brickson!

Soo.. it's come to this. I need funds, got credit cards to pay back before I move to Japan. Japan guys!

Selling this thing is such a PITA though. Either I gamble for 5K on Amazon.com (pray it's not one of the guys who returns it), or craigslist and hope they don't hope it then "change their mind" (I've heard the police station has a meeting area to avoid a stabbing). Or...? How about only dealing with a reputable member at Brickpicker. Seems like a better choice. Or Bricklink...

So here we are, you, I, and a 10179. I'll sell it 30% lower than I can find it anywhere else. $3000 USD. That's still about a grand profit for holding on to it for 2 years.

Original box. Mint, no damage at all. It's not the first edition that has the seal on it though. I think it was made a couple years later (2009/2010). I got it from an official Lego Ambassador, good guy, if you're interested I can give you his LinkedIn to verify.

I'll upload pics if somebody's actually interested. It was taken out of the original box only twice AFAIK, once when I bought it to verify, once to take a pic for this forum (I'm talking about the packing box - its sealed ofc).

Only selling to reputable/long time members. Shipping double boxed fedex, or pickup in Vancouver BC, Canada.

Best,

Eric

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd love to replace my 10179, but I'm paying £500 tops and box doesn't have to be mint. Only a fool or the uninformed will pay top dollar for one now.

6 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Only a fool or the uninformed will pay top dollar for one now.

Well, nothing has actually been confirmed yet but it just goes to show that the Lego market is as volatile as any other investment as prices depend on rumours and expectations.

• Like 1

I've got one I'm trying to get rid of as well... and I bought it only a few months ago... for $5000 canadian in mint condition, still in shipping box. The strengthen rumors lately of the remake is a cruel sense of humor from the big guy upstairs I suppose xD.
Needless to say, I'm trying to resell to hopefully get most of my money back... fingers crossed. Each passing day sucks a little more life out of that! :P

Good luck bro! May the force be with us all!

• Like 1

To the original post : Its going to be a challenge for you to sell to a brickpicker for that price as most of us who have waited to get one mint, wouldn't mind holding off for a few more months till the rumor either fizzles down or solidifies with some concrete information. 

That being said, I wish you all the luck in finding a buyer at the asking price you mentioned. I have seen listings on Ebay bottoming down every day with some not even taking a bite at $2000 let alone $3000. The reissue rumor as caused some volatility in the market as most people who are holding on to are trying to cash out.

Just my opinion. I would recommend either CL or Facebook marketplace where you don't get a buyer remorse burn.

Edited by siddji
  • Like 2

It's seems to be a very bad time to be trying to sell one of these right now, especially a mint sealed first-edition. You're probably better of holding out and see whether or not a new version gets released.

It's a gamble, but it may pay off for you if all of these rumors turn out to be false.

• Like 1

It's seems to be a very bad time to be trying to sell one of these right now, especially a mint sealed first-edition. You're probably better of holding out and see whether or not a new version gets released.
It's a gamble, but it may pay off for you if all of these rumors turn out to be false.

Bad time? I don't get it. Just just it on eBay and you'll probably get $3k minus fees.

Before this ventures too far off topic...

Let's keep the discussion of the potential price for 10179 to the 10179 thread.

Let's keep this thread for Brickson's desire to sell 10179 at $3000

We are simply pointing out that his glory days for this set are quite possibly coming to an end.

And... I'd be surprised is anyone would pay $3k for it on BP.

• Like 1

Haha yew pstebbing we know what you're doing and thank you for the input, it's not really adding anything anymore though mate. The fun thing about lego is it doesnt matter what's surprising, its often surprising. Thanks Alpinemaps I appreciate that. Lets not forget I'm offering well below cheapest, and I'll throw an OBO on that. Come winter if there's no remake, maybe offering 2K wouldnt have been such a bad move. Maybe trying to flip it in a city where it's easier (not a lot of high stakes collectors up here). In any case I'm losing interest in this topic and will prob just gamble on eBay. It'll be like roulette.