CELEB2017 - Detention Block Rescue 2017 Star Wars Celebration Exclusive

jaisonline

We can store all posts related to this set here. 

It currently looks like # produced is between 2,500 and 4,000.

From Lego...

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Celebration attendees will have the chance to enter a raffle to purchase a special-edition LEGO Star Wars set inspired by the Detention Block AA-23 from the original 1977 film! A Star Wars Celebration exclusive, the set includes Luke Skywalker and Han Solo in Stormtrooper disguises ready to infiltrate the Death Star and rescue Princess Leia.

The opportunity to purchase this exclusive set is being raffled off on the Star Wars Celebration website prior to the event for attendees only, beginning now through 12:01AM EST on Friday, April 6th. All winners will be randomly selected to purchase the exclusive onsite at the LEGO booth next week, and will be notified by April 7th.

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0467.PNG

IMG_0468.PNG

Edited by jaisonline
Note: this pics were borrowed from a google search. I'll update this topic with my pics soon.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Give it time, they'll be out soon enough.

Patience isn't always one of my virtues. I picked one up for $190 shipped and will get another one to build.  Prices should get to at least $150-$160 before increasing again after supply (ebay) dwindles.

2 minutes ago, krnbk2 said:

Very nice share. 

9 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

you would be a real hero.  Color throws me off on parts sometimes.  

I will post if I find someone else with a parts list.

Most of the parts are LBG. The 6x12 and a few of the parts on the base as well as the podiums are DBG. The 2x8s are black. Han's hair is easiest to get at Target in the Skiff and Luke in the Landspeeder. The 1x1 keypad is in the Pizza truck . the 2 1x1 half circle extended is cheapest in Black Widow.

16 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Most of the parts are LBG. The 6x12 and a few of the parts on the base as well as the podiums are DBG. The 2x8s are black. Han's hair is easiest to get at Target in the Skiff and Luke in the Landspeeder. The 1x1 keypad is in the Pizza truck . the 2 1x1 half circle extended is cheapest in Black Widow.

Cool thanks - I already have the Skiff  to pull from and plenty of extra stormtroopers from the new battle packs!

Well, I finished. I am not positive that I didn't make a mistake because something beeped at me in the middle of what I was doing and couldn't figure out what. but this should be pretty close.

Unique lots 58. Total piece count 218? must have missed adding 2 pieces, probably a couple plates. I think I was near the end working on the plates that make up the top.

Last 6 months sales average by quantity value $48.30. (probably $48.50 with the 2 pieces I missed.)

Most expensive pieces:

Han Solo's Hair $5

Han Solo's Head $1.15

Luke's Head $2.57

Stormtrooper Helmet $2.40

Stormtrooper Torso $2.20

Stormtrooper Legs $1.40

Everything else is less than $1.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Well, I finished. I am not positive that I didn't make a mistake because something beeped at me in the middle of what I was doing and couldn't figure out what. but this should be pretty close.

CELEB20017-1.bsx

Unique lots 58. Total piece count 218? must have missed adding 2 pieces, probably a couple plates. I think I was near the end working on the plates that make up the top.

Last 6 months sales average by quantity value $48.30. (probably $48.50 with the 2 pieces I missed.)

Thanks!  When the kids are asleep I will try to look it over myself to find the 2 missing pieces.  Will let you know what I find out!

Just ordered parts to build up the Detention Block (I ignored the Han and Luke Stormtrooper parts because I can just pick from the battle pack and grab a Han hair from the Desert Skiff).

Ordered from 2 stores for around $27 plus shipping (figure around $7.00 more).  

I will report back once I receive and assemble!

• Like 2

Sorry newer to this side of things, but do people actually build these exclusives piece by piece and sell them? People don't actually buy them that way do they?

Or are you guys building solely for personal collections?

Sold several Comic Con '66 Batmobiles that I Bricklinked.
  • Like 2