Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slatesbin

Piece qty on boxes

Question

9 answers to this question

Depends what countries they're made for. For example, North America gets piece counts on the box Europe does not.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Depends what countries they're made for. For example, North America gets piece counts on the box Europe does not.

Interesting to note @dcdfan.  I'm glad I didn't answer the initial question with a witty metaphysical response. :)

2 people like this

I would have gone with the "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" joke but I felt I could do better.

I believe the piece count excludes the extra 1x1 size pieces they typically include, just the number of pieces in the final build.

1 hour ago, JimboJet said:

I believe the piece count excludes the extra 1x1 size pieces they typically include, just the number of pieces in the final build.

It does however include the segments of the minifigure.

I always wondered about extra pieces and minifigs. So 3 pieces per standard minifig, not including accessories like hair? Legs, torso and head?

40 minutes ago, donbee said:

I always wondered about extra pieces and minifigs. So 3 pieces per standard minifig, not including accessories like hair? Legs, torso and head?

Yeah. take a look at the piece difference between the box and Bricklink sometime. Bricklink counts full minifigures as 1 part, LEGO counts the individual parts (torso, arms and hands are one, hips and legs are another.) Figures with a lot of accessories like say cragger that has head, torso, legs, helmet, armor, chi and cape are 7 parts on the box.

1 person likes this