10257 - Carousel

siddji

I am sure that it won't happen - LEGO would never do that!

But if they did - I am sure that it will only make the original one even more valuable!

After all, you had your chance to sell (it's been nearly 10 years, what were you expecting) - It's your own fault!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I too have heard the rumour, but I didn't want to appear to be a miserable bar steward by mentioning another rumour without substance. However, I did miss the GC first time around and I would like to finally build one.

Edited by TabbyBoy
Typo

I am sure that it won't happen - LEGO would never do that!

But if they did - I am sure that it will only make the original one even more valuable!

After all, you had your chance to sell (it's been nearly 10 years, what were you expecting) - It's your own fault!

Honestly, if you're still holding a 10196 expecting it to continue to rise you may have some issues.

• Like 3

Well, i don't see why they would hurt themself.  They don't release it for just rereleasing it. They had demand, and alot of email etc etc etc to back up the decision... You guys have to understand that lego back in 2008 didn't have they fanbase they have now, and a lot of people want those cool sets they've missed. I mean, has a FAN, i am glad that they rerelease it.

I'm fine with a rerelease, but hope they do *something* to refresh and not make it a straight "Winter Village Toy Shop" rerelease.

This is another one that goes into the "if you were still holding it and haven't sold, that's your fault"

People sell too soon a lot. But you can hold on too long too. It's been 10x RRP (or nearly that) for years. If that isn't enough for you to sell....

22 minutes ago, Migration said:

Honestly, if you're still holding a 10196 expecting it to continue to rise you may have some issues.

Yes, but when the buyers who were willing to overpay for rare sets (knowing that the purchase was smart, since prices just continued to rise) will stop buying, and the sellers who might have waited for more profit, will be quicker to sell at lower prices (as they realize the growing trend).

The negative impact on prices, and on LEGO being seen as a viable collectible is across the board.

Edited by KShine

3 minutes ago, KShine said:

Yes, but when the buyers who were willing to overpay for rare sets (knowing that the purchase was smart, since prices just continued to rise) will stop buying, and the sellers who might have waited for more profit, will be quicker to sell at lower prices (as they realize the growing trend).

The negative impact on prices, and on LEGO being seen as a viable collectible is across the board.

true-story-neil-patrick-harris.png

From the article it just said "carousel" not re release, we really don't know what, if anything, is coming here. The argument that Lego can never refresh a set is tiresome, they've done like three Ferris Wheels, each better that its predecessor, at least 3 Maersk ships, don't even get me started on Star Wars or police or fire stations. It's been a decade, it's time for a new one.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KShine said:

I do agree with your point, but as I alluded to the other night in my speculative bubble thread post, I think the days of LEGO as a collectible that significantly increases in value might be over already.

1 hour ago, Windsorian said:

Its coming already in May, not a rumour it is on the official lego release date list.

Can you post an official source or set list showing a May release?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

I think the days of LEGO as a collectible that significantly increases in value might be over already.

Than it really is all over, we should all just pack it up - and hope that maybe one day, LEGO will stop dancing on our graves.

1 hour ago, Deadfraggle said:

I do agree with your point, but as I alluded to the other night in my speculative bubble thread post, I think the days of LEGO as a collectible that significantly increases in value might be over already.

You can safely remove "might", it was over last year.

53 minutes ago, KShine said:

Than it really is all over, we should all just pack it up - and hope that maybe one day, LEGO will stop dancing on our graves.

I think many people are still finding creative and lucrative ways to make money with LEGO reselling, it just doesn't seem like buying the large, expensive, D2C/ exclusives and stashing them away for a few years is the pathway any longer. For the record, I'm really hoping I'm wrong on this. As a guy who's 75% collector vs. 25% reseller, I want all those big, expensive sets I have sitting on the shelf to keep increasing in value.

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Any verification or proof you can share?

The set list I saw in early March had it slated for the fall with no price as I posted in the Fairground thread. Not sure why the bump up maybe they didn't want to do back to back months with remakes. 

• Like 1