Rumor - Reichstag landmark building

mauro23

9 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Disappointing if true.  I'm sure that's a famous building in Germany, or maybe even Europe, but it's not going to move the needle over here.  Another big tan building is not going to go over well.  There are so many amazing buildings out there to create, this is not one of them.

I want to see Fenway Park, Wrigley Park or Old Yankee stadium be a landmark set. Even Wembly Stadium would be nice. 

Regarding non-sport landmarks, The Colusium (well, was used for sports), St. Peter's Square, Philly's Independence Hall, Mont Saint-Nichel (would be a great build), Leaning Tower of Pisa, Saint Basil's Cathedral, Arc de Triumph, Petra, Portion of Great Wall of China, Great Pyramids and many more to think of. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

I want to see Fenway Park, Wrigley Park or Old Yankee stadium be a landmark set. Even Wembly Stadium would be nice. 

Regarding non-sport landmarks, The Colusium (well, was used for sports), St. Peter's Square, Philly's Independence Hall, Mont Saint-Nichel (would be a great build), Leaning Tower of Pisa, Saint Basil's Cathedral, Arc de Triumph, Petra, Portion of Great Wall of China, Great Pyramids and many more to think of. 

No pyramids please. Just don't. Stupid idea. Forget it. They don't exist, never did.

Seriously the building mostly known for its relationship with the Nazi's.
If this was released, I predict that it will be swiftly recalled from the shelves once the Nazi / Third Reich complaints start.

One of my favorite buildings to raid in "Call of Duty: World at War".
  • Like 1

Is the Reichstag really such a well known building outside of Germany? It would make more sense if they went for the Brandenburg gate or something, just saying.

One thing is for sure, they are never going to choose our national monument for a Creator set :tongue:

atomium-avec-drapeau.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at the release calendar for Landmark Buildings (taken from Brickset):

• 10181 - Eiffel Tower --> 2007
  • 10189 - Taj Mahal --> 2008
  • 10214 - Tower Bridge --> 2010
  • 10234 - SOH --> 2013
  • 10253 - Big Ben --> 2016

it seems highly unlikely to me that we'd get a new Landmark Building this year, in 2017. While the first two buildings were released one year apart, the last three buildings were released three years apart. So if LEGO follows the same schedule, we should only be expecting a new Landmark Building in 2019...

1 minute ago, Haay said:

Looking at the release calendar for Landmark Buildings (taken from Brickset):

• 10181 - Eiffel Tower --> 2007
  • 10189 - Taj Mahal --> 2008
  • 10214 - Tower Bridge --> 2010
  • 10234 - SOH --> 2013
  • 10253 - Big Ben --> 2016

it seems highly unlikely to me that we'd get a new Landmark Building this year, in 2017. While the first two buildings were released one year apart, the last three buildings were released three years apart. So if LEGO follows the same schedule, we should only be expecting a new Landmark Building in 2019...

You forget 3450... --> 2000

1 hour ago, mauro23 said:

This was also my first thought, why not Brandenburg Gate...

But regarding Atomium, why should this one not be chosen?

Lego doesn't do Chromed parts anymore IIRC. Besides, it's not very suitable for Lego because of the spheres. It wouldn't be a very interesting build.

Although maybe they could make something with those Star Wars planet dome parts. Dip them in chrome, connect with some technic beams, et voila: Lego Atomium.

I'd really like them to do something more modern (crazy?), like the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao or the EMP in Seattle. Chances of this are, of course, highly unlikely... but one can dream.

13 hours ago, inversion said:

No pyramids please. Just don't. Stupid idea. Forget it. They don't exist, never did.

The Sphinx could be cool, though. 

21 hours ago, whoisbiggles said:

Seriously the building mostly known for its relationship with the Nazi's.

If this was released, I predict that it will be swiftly recalled from the shelves once the Nazi / Third Reich complaints start.

It's the current home of the German parliament and Lego already has got some rights safed to cover it as it is already a part of the Berlin Landmark architecture set so it's possible. If they already paid for the rights they can make it bigger! That's the same reason why the Belgium Atomium will neeeeeevvverrr be a Lego Set. That building and even every picture of it is a legal rights trap. Which reminds  me of: Did you aquire the rights to post that pic of the Atomium on this Forum? Did you know that you are not even legally allowed to take a selfie in front of it??....wow ...that's very off topic..but unfortunately true...

Edited by TigerG

I hope it is from fake news. This building is very simple and unknown, and definitely not a legendary building such as Pyramids, Coloseum, and other famous buildings not created in lego form. I just agree that its time for German building - big country, big market, and it is strange that England has 2 lego landmarks and Germany no one. For me ist the number one German buiding Neuschweinstein castle - but unfortunately it is similar to Disney castle. Its funny that Germany has not a typical building (as Paris with Eifel town, NYC with Liberty statue, etc). And many great landmarks are churches. Then I would rather choose something from new 7 wonders - Coloseum or Chinese Wall. 

• 2 months later...