Official LEGO Fidget Spinner

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Taste bad?

Haha.. they fidget enough. I'd like them to learn to sit still when required rather than feel the need to be "entertained at all times." Kids are bringing them to school and pulling them out in class and the hallways. My oldest has asked a couple times and I've answered with a big "No, that's junk." every time!

• Like 1

Just now, gregpj said:

Haha.. they fidget enough. I'd like them to learn to sit still when required rather than feel the need to be "entertained at all times." Kids are bringing them to school and pulling them out in class and the hallways. My oldest has asked a couple times and I've answered with a big "No, that's junk." every time!

They've banned them here and now the kids who need them, can't have them. :jester:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

They've banned them here and now the kids who need them, can't have them. :jester:

Our school bans all gadgets/toys/cards every year but parents keep letting their kids bring them. They're nothing but a distraction and the kids spend all their energy trying to figure out when they can play with their contraband when no one is watching. 

• Like 2

They are banned at my daughter's elementary school.

We got both our kids (9 and 5) one each about two weeks ago. Of course, the 5 year old grabbed the 9 year old's, hid it and now can't find it. She gets his until he finds hers.

I was initially against it because, like Greg said, they don't need to have something in their hand 24/7.

Then I realized two things - one, my phone is my fidget spinner. Two - eye/hand coordination.

Both of them very quickly got good with spinning them and starting to learn tricks (flipping them over, changing fingers and hands).

I like that they are using their imagination to come up with new ways to try things. They are actually really focused when they are using them (they aren't absent mindedly using them). It's not the tv or iPad.

It's good for my son, too, since he's just started ice hockey and having a single minded focus along with some precision work I think will help his game.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the instructions. This will be our little lego project this weekend. My 9 year old has 3 spinners and he loves them. I really don't see anything wrong with them. I understand the ban during class, but any other time when they are not distracting other people they can be fun. And if it can keep my son from biting his nails I'm happy :)