Marvel & DC - general discussion

TheOrcKing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Somewhat related to this thread, additional characters have been announced today to appear in the upcoming Lego Marvel Super Heroes videogame: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/26/lego-marvel-super-heroes-adds-venom-human-torch-to-the-roster/ Is that what a Human Torch minifig is going to look like? I thought they could've done a much better job than that.

Not sure about that. I mean, they did a Deadpool minifigure after all, and Wolverine has had some pretty gruesome & bloody scenes in a number of issues. Course Punisher primarily uses some big f***ing guns, so there could be some things to work out. It all depends on LEGO's delivery and presentation of said characters for it to work by their standards on play and action over pure violence. Hey, they just did a Venom minifigure this year and that guy is crazy. Now they just need to do Carnage!

Lets also remember that Lego made batman sets from the Nolan films.... you don't get much darker than them.

Not sure about that. I mean, they did a Deadpool minifigure after all, and Wolverine has had some pretty gruesome & bloody scenes in a number of issues. Course Punisher primarily uses some big f***ing guns, so there could be some things to work out. It all depends on LEGO's delivery and presentation of said characters for it to work by their standards on play and action over pure violence. Hey, they just did a Venom minifigure this year and that guy is crazy. Now they just need to do Carnage!Lets also remember that Lego made batman sets from the Nolan films.... you don't get much darker than them.Yeah, those are dark. Course Batman in general is and can get really dark. I mean, if you want to get right down to the reality of it, the Joker is a psychotic maniacal homicidal serial killer and that is just him.

Is that what a Human Torch minifig is going to look like? I thought they could've done a much better job than that.

I hope it will look better than that fan creation. I'm also a bit disappointed with how The Flash looks in that new Lego Batman movie of which I'm wondering if it is a totally original movie or just a bunch of scenes from the videogame slapped together?

Actually with all the guy superheroes, I really want to see more superheroines or villianesses.

Going down that road, I would like Mockingbird. Not only is she a S.****.I.E.L.D. agent and affiliated with The Avengers, but then maybe we'd get Hawkeye in his purple outfit. (You have to admit, the minifigure mask would be pretty cool for either / both of them.)

• 4 weeks later...

Justice Society, with a brownstone HQ playset.

Blackest Night/multi coloured Lantern figures.

Wonder Woman and Greek Gods (eg Ares, Zeus, Hermes) and a few Amazons with a Paradise Island set (some sort of Greek column covered building a la the Atlantis theme sets)

Aquaman vs Black Manta and his sub

Justice League Watchtower

I want a 3,000 pc Xavier's School for the Gifted, complete with Danger Room, X1 jet, dorms, and the library. And of course, at least 12 minifigs, including Professor X with a brick-built wheelchair. Short of that, an 800-1200 pc Danger Room with Charles and the five original X-Men would be neato.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse

with the announcement of Martian manhunter I'm giving up on the x-men (for now) and collecting the JL.  the question is what version of batman are people using? blue and grey or all black

I want to see a custom Nightcrawler with entire custom mold

hulk sized venom

custom molded carnage

clear plastic iceman with nifty clear accessories

multiple man figure packs sold in sets of 10!

archangel

angel

azrael suit batman

azrael suit azrael

mr fantastic made out of pullable stretchy plastic

invisible woman clear figure and figure turning clear

• Like 1