Marvel & DC - general discussion

TheOrcKing

5 hours ago, TheGallows said:

Looking forward to Dr strange, looks like it could be really good, Cumberbatch is a great choice, also Mads Mikkelsen as the bad guy!

Really want to the JL film to be good, pretty sure I'm gonna be disappointed though. Also I don't like Affleck as batman.

I'm a huge fan of The Flash TV Show.  I love Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, and think he does a fantastic job.

But I really enjoyed the 30 seconds of screen time that Ezra Miller got as Barry Allen.  I'm excited to see him as Barry.  I thought he did great, and I'm looking forward to him playing the Flash a lot more now.

55 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm a huge fan of The Flash TV Show.  I love Grant Gustin as Barry Allen, and think he does a fantastic job.

But I really enjoyed the 30 seconds of screen time that Ezra Miller got as Barry Allen.  I'm excited to see him as Barry.  I thought he did great, and I'm looking forward to him playing the Flash a lot more now.

Yeah agreed, I've not seen Ezra Miller before, but thought he suited the part well from what we saw. Defiantly had that Barry Allen feel from the animated series.

In other Marvel news, Kurt Russel is to play Ego, Star Lords father in GG2. I very excited about that, loved the first movie. The trailers not online as yet but an theres article below

http://geektyrant.com/news/kurt-russell-confirmed-as-star-lords-dad-ego-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2016 at 0:56 PM, TheGallows said:

Yeah agreed, I've not seen Ezra Miller before, but thought he suited the part well from what we saw. Defiantly had that Barry Allen feel from the animated series.

In other Marvel news, Kurt Russel is to play Ego, Star Lords father in GG2. I very excited about that, loved the first movie. The trailers not online as yet but an theres article below

http://geektyrant.com/news/kurt-russell-confirmed-as-star-lords-dad-ego-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2

I still need to be sold on this. His convenience store appearance has him looking like a skaterboy slacker or something, which is definitely not how straight laced, crew cut Barry Allen CSI investigator has ever been portrayed.

On 7/24/2016 at 9:56 AM, TheGallows said:

The animated Flash was Wally West, a guy in his early 20's who got his powers as a teenager and grew up being Barry Allen's sidekick. Not only was he young, but also since he grew up with his powers he had sort of an invincibility complex. Barry Allen was a police scientist who was known for going by the book and being meticulous who received his powers in his 30's from a laboratory accident. This kid is not like Barry Allen at all. Except he does really make the CW's Barry Allen seem like he's mature. (I do love the CW Flash, but he's not really classic Barry.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, exciter1 said:

OK, 3 Guardians of the Galaxy sets will be released next year to coincide with the movie.  Will one of those be the Milano Spaceship?

I don't think so.  I saw that the prices are going to be cheap - like $20, $40, and $60.  Unless the $60 set is going to be Milano, but that would make it smaller scale.

11 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

The animated Flash was Wally West, a guy in his early 20's who got his powers as a teenager and grew up being Barry Allen's sidekick. Not only was he young, but also since he grew up with his powers he had sort of an invincibility complex. Barry Allen was a police scientist who was known for going by the book and being meticulous who received his powers in his 30's from a laboratory accident. This kid is not like Barry Allen at all. Except he does really make the CW's Barry Allen seem like he's mature. (I do love the CW Flash, but he's not really classic Barry.)

I'm looking forward to Ezra's take on Barry.  I think he's playing it more nerdy then we've ever seen Barry portrayed.  Yes, Barry is by the book, but Barry's never been portrayed as a nerdy, loner type guy.  I, too, didn't like how he showed up in BvS, but I did like the Justice League trailer.  That got me really excited.  I do agree that Grant's Barry is not comic book Barry (and that's fine).  He really does seem a bit more mature than Ezra's Barry, lol.

My biggest hope is that someday, we'll get Ezra, Grant, and John Wesley Shipp all in an episode together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I don't think so.  I saw that the prices are going to be cheap - like $20, $40, and $60.  Unless the $60 set is going to be Milano, but that would make it smaller scale.

I'm looking forward to Ezra's take on Barry.  I think he's playing it more nerdy then we've ever seen Barry portrayed.  Yes, Barry is by the book, but Barry's never been portrayed as a nerdy, loner type guy.  I, too, didn't like how he showed up in BvS, but I did like the Justice League trailer.  That got me really excited.  I do agree that Grant's Barry is not comic book Barry (and that's fine).  He really does seem a bit more mature than Ezra's Barry, lol.

My biggest hope is that someday, we'll get Ezra, Grant, and John Wesley Shipp all in an episode together.

JWS in Flash getup was the best part of the finale.

• Like 2

Now that there's a DC show for pretty much every night of the week, Lego needs to get on some tv based sets, especially the CW ones. In an ideal world, I will be able to have every hero that appears in their 4 part crossover this season. They're doing the JSA in this season's Flash so imagine a line of toys based on those characters. A STAR labs set would also be sweet, maybe a DEO base from Supergirl, the Legends of Tomorrow ship.

Edited by jeff_14
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Now that there's a DC show for pretty much every night of the week, Lego needs to get on some tv based sets, especially the CW ones. In an ideal world, I will be able to have every hero that appears in their 4 part crossover this season. They're doing the JSA in this season's Flash so imagine a line of toys based on those characters. A STAR labs set would also be sweet, maybe a DEO base from Supergirl, the Legends of Tomorrow ship.

After the Arrow content for that last DC Super Heroes game, I wondered how they could have not made them.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

Oh man, a Waverider set, with Rip, White Canary, Captain Cold and Rory...that would rock.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Oh man, a Waverider set, with Rip, White Canary, Captain Cold and Rory...that would rock.

I'd definitely be buying it for the figures as that ship is ugly and certainly no Javelin. 

Random thought, if they made both a Rip Hunter and a Constantine figure, would they look pretty much the same? 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...