Recommendation on a Shipment

Armor

Question

I was wondering how to handle a shipment from eBay. I have not experienced this before. I get this message after he payed for a lot of 3 of the same items. The first request I can do but i'm not sure if i'm reading the 2nd one correctly. 

"Thank you for your accepting my offer. I would like to ask you two things mentioned below when you make shipment of the item. 1. I would like to receive the items as beautiful as it can be. Please pack the items firmly so that it does not hurt. 2. I let you know the postal code of the receiver as 34249, but it seems that some delivery agency cannot register this number as postal code. In such case, please make shipment with the alternative postal code, 34238. Thanks, XXXXXXXX"

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Armor said:

I was wondering how to handle a shipment from eBay. I have not experienced this before. I get this message after he payed for a lot of 3 of the same items. The first request I can do but i'm not sure if i'm reading the 2nd one correctly. 

"Thank you for your accepting my offer. I would like to ask you two things mentioned below when you make shipment of the item. 1. I would like to receive the items as beautiful as it can be. Please pack the items firmly so that it does not hurt. 2. I let you know the postal code of the receiver as 34249, but it seems that some delivery agency cannot register this number as postal code. In such case, please make shipment with the alternative postal code, 34238. Thanks, XXXXXXXX"

I suggest you inform him that you can ship to Paypal Verified and Confirmed Addresses.  My research indicates 34238 and 34249 in Sarasota are sometimes associated with freight forwarding companies and warehouses.  I would recommend signature confirmation and insurance as well. That way, if the buyer complains, you can point to signature confirmation.

This will cut into your profits from eBay but would limit your liability as a whole.  

• Like 3

Never ship to any other address other than the PayPal confirmed address as you will not be covered by the ebay policy. I had something similar the other day, the buyer purchased and then emailed me after requesting a different address for delivery, I declined and cancelled the order. The next day ebay contacted me informing me the purchase was as suspected a scam. In addition to my advice above I always wait at least 24 hours before posting, this then leaves time for ebay to flag any unlawful behaviour. I hope this helps.
  • Like 3

That original message has "scam incoming / fruitcake" written all over it. I´d be tempted to cancel the order based on incorrect shipping address and block the buyer.

If you don´t get dinged on the address, it will be a SNAD because the item is not received beautiful or because the item is hurt. How can you ensure that, as it is entirely subjective?

Fruitcake thread candidate.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2

Thanks for the advise. will wait till the next shipment period for me. will let the time tell if ebay says its a scam. But the person does have 1688 ratings as a buyer and he only has left 3 negs feedback out of hundreds. 

Edited by Armor

3 hours ago, Armor said:

Thanks for the advise. will wait till the next shipment period for me. will let the time tell if ebay says its a scam. But the person does have 1688 ratings as a buyer and he only has left 3 negs feedback out of hundreds. 

It would have been good to know that from the beginning. Do they have much feedback as a seller on the account? It could be a case of it being fussy reseller, maybe even one of us! That would explain the insistence on good packaging but it does seem strange they don´t have their zip codes sorted out by now. Did you google map the street?

For peace of mind, maybe the best thing is to call them up and talk, especially if they are high value items. Alternatively, USPS may be able to shed light on the post code issue.

Edited by Val-E