Confirming Ebay Buyer

I sold a set today for over $100 to a buyer that has feedback from the past, but nothing in the past year and a half.  I have sent a follow up email and tried calling.  Would you guys wait to hear back at a minimum before shipping or would you send anyway as I have to mail within 1 day?  I don't see any issues as it appears the account has been active for a decade but don't think I am able to confirm their address has never been changed?  Perhaps I should call Ebay customer support to confirm this. 

Thanks

If you sold the set, wait for your account to clear "payment received" and then ship. Reply with "shipped and tracking number". Not much you can do if you legitimately sold the set, the buyer paid and you received funds.
Maybe I'm confused by what the real question or problem is.

You ship to the address on file. You as a seller will have "seller protection" should anything arise. Also, ship within one day....well today is Sunday so you cant ship but....you can also print and prepare package for shipping and send tracking and drop at last minute. It's still shipped within one day. For future reference I would change my shipping policy that way you can wait for funds to clear. Then it's on the buyer..."buyer protection" if they don't receive their order but you should always have tracking and proof of shipment should anything come back on you.

So, actually, the 24 hours to ship doesn't start until the buyer pays. In fact, you probably won't be eligible for seller protection of you send the item before they pay. Your best bet is to wait until you receive payment. There's no need to change your seller preferences. Especially if you hope to one day take advantage of the super seller benefits. One day shipping is a must. 

Also, eBay will tell you that you must wait a minimum of 2 business days to open a case for nonpayment, which you should do if you want to cancel an order in the future. This will keep you from receiving any negative seller review from eBay. 

Was the sale an auction or a fixed price style sale? 

Often, auction style sales take a little longer to receive payment because the buyer will preset their highest bid and then leave and not look back. Then they'll win and have to look at their email reminder before they pay. This does happen, so if you give them a day or two you'll get paid. 

Edited by Blake3741
had more thoughts

They paid immediately.  My concerns are that they haven't shopped on ebay for nearly 2 years and this isn't exactly a cheap item to suddenly get back into it or the lowest priced one of the pack to choose from.  The total feedback received is low as well through all the years.  I'm probably overly thinking this but I believe some of you try to confirm they purchased the item before shipping to just make sure it is indeed them somehow.  

I guess I'll just ship and see how it goes :)  

31 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

They paid immediately.  My concerns are that they haven't shopped on ebay for nearly 2 years and this isn't exactly a cheap item to suddenly get back into it or the lowest priced one of the pack to choose from.  The total feedback received is low as well through all the years.  I'm probably overly thinking this but I believe some of you try to confirm they purchased the item before shipping to just make sure it is indeed them somehow.  

I guess I'll just ship and see how it goes :)  

If in doubt, call them before shipping and explain that you are just checking the delivery address is up-to.date since they have been inactive for some time.