70620 - Ninjago City

Migration

I really like it but I feel it's overpriced. You could buy two modulars for €300. It feels like they're trying to bump up the piece count with hundreds of tiny pieces. I'm hoping to see it at 30% off somewhere before I'd bite, like Smyths had with Airjitzu thingy. Lovely set though and very unique.

• 4 weeks later...

The first review is up.

Few interesting things despite the fact that it's absolutely beautiful!
It's a third largest LEGO construction in history.
Many many new pieces in new color, some of them are extremely rare.
The Bricklink Value Per Piece may quadruple the RPP price.

Not a huge fan of Ninjago theme and movie, albeit the mixture of far Asian steam punk style with futuristic "total recall" resemblance makes it a no brainer to me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Finally got around to starting this last night. Did bags 1&2, no stickers yet, KAI and  KONRAD figs with his fishing boat. A couple of elements in new colors to me they may be in some mixels or friends sets that I haven't built and one new element that is covered. Took me longer then expected because I had to line up all the imprints on the translucent light blue elements but looks nice. Plan on bags 3& 4 tonight. 

IMG_5325.JPG

• Like 8

Level 1 "The Old World" bags 1-6 completed. It has 2 removable modules and is mostly flat colors to give it that rustic look. Lego still can not produce dark brown in an instruction manual properly so that you can easily discern what element needs to be used. 

IMG_4702.JPG

IMG_4704.JPG

• Like 9