Introduction and a Question

Hi.  I'm a newbie in the investment world.  Have been buying and building Lego's with my 12 year old son for years, but recently became interested in investing as I've seen how some of his sets have gained in value (mostly Star Wars).  I only have limited space and funds and have elected to store away a few Star Wars items, Dr. Strange, Volkswagon Beetle, the Beetles Yellow Submarine, the Ghostbuster's Firehouse, and as of today a few Saturn V rockets (Lego Ideas 21309).  I plan on holding most about two years, with the exception of the Yellow Submarine which I plan to hold much longer.  As for the Saturn V, since they just came out, do you recommend I jump on the ebay bandwagon where I can make $60-$70 right now?  I assume the market will cool and I can pick up more later.  Or should I hold them for Christmas?  Or should I just put them away now for long-term investment?

Thanks for your input and for this site.  I look forward to spending a lot of time here.  :)

Welcome.

I'd say flip the Saturns now. Last I heard they are going to be out of stock until somewhere in August. You'll be able to get them cheaper eventually. You wait for a good deal and that is when you buy. Unless you're trying to flip or it's some kind of limited edition set.

By the way, there is a dedicated thread for most popular sets, including the Saturn V. You should check it out and see what other people are doing.

• Like 1