Retro Lego system from 1950/60s

Hello, I'm in possession of lego system sets from 1950/60s and would like to know if anyone have any information about these sets(valuation, rarity, intersted lego enthusiasts etc.) that would be great,  because I'm looking for the best market to sell them.

Also they are in great shape, see it yourself. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.1.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

• Like 4

Some of these might be quite valuable, especially nicely packed in boxes like you have them. Especially the VW buses exist in some rare color combos, and perhaps you have some of those. I would recommend following the LEGO historian on Facebook, and buying his book (His name is Gary Isztok). You might even want to contact him directly and send him these pictures. Very nice collection.

EDIT: whatever you do, don't just sell these without doing very thorough research. Those garage boxes (and the gas station) might be worth quite a lot in mint, unopened condition. Also, LEGO made some really rare car models (as in, less than 20 confirmed existing in the world) and your collection might have some of them. Absolutely check with experts first (Gary is one of them) before considering selling.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

vintagelego50... That's one hell of a collection you have there and I suspect that it's worth a small fortune. I once sold one of my garage sets with the car inside and I got £225 for it at a classic toy auction - however, it was absolute mint. Even the less rare vehicles out of boxes were hitting £30 each and even the once common ones are now extremely rare in the UK now,

I suggest you get an official valuation from an expert and get it insured first and foremost.

If/when you decide to sell, please please please DON'T risk it on eBay as there's too many hacked accounts and awkward buyers out there. Also, eBay mostly side with the buyer in any dispute. You'll get more in a proper toy sale room pavked with the right kind on buyer with deep pockets.

Where are you as I could be tempted to make you a good offer if time is not on your side? ;-)

Oh... Hello, Meow & Welcome!

Edited by TabbyBoy

First of all, thanks for your replies, I will take all suggestions into consideration. 

Seconly, I have all time of my life, I don't want to sound greedy but if it's true what you are saying I would like to get not the most, but I wouldn't mind if I could get the most out of them. :)

Thirdly, I already contacted Lego itself, Billund museum and few ambasadors from my country to gather more information about them, because they seem so old that I couldn't find few sets in lego catalog. Also, I'm well aware of scams on internet/ebay, so that would be the last resort I would turn to.

EDIT: I'm form Croatia as you can see, if anyone want to contact me directly you can reach me at [email protected]

Edited by vintagelego50