40178 - LEGO VIP Promo

64080d463ba703b7693ea29b9bb21d5c.jpg

The Shanghai LEGO store has revealed 40178 VIP Set, an upcoming promotional item which will be available to LEGO VIP members at some point later this year.

This set is currently being given away with purchases of over 399 CNY in China, it’s unknown whether 40178 will be available worldwide yet.

44a4991cf33b34df200c276b1ee42afd.png

e80013ef545417ccb48dc76752ea2693.png

730b4d94673e17c63e8a8e564eadf168.png

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

Brickset have done a review of this and shown that it's actually a polybag, such a let down. Would have been worth so much more in a nice box. I know there's a lot of small pieces, but surprises they'd put an over 200 piece set in a bag.

In the old world, when lego was viewed as being special/precious, this would have had some absolute potential.

Unfortunately, in the new world - it's likely to be viewed as just another plastic toy, in a bag, with a bunch of tiny plastic pieces, and stickers.

Guest TabbyBoy

At least the polybag saves anal buyers whinging about box condition. Stickers are the bane of my LEGO life, we all hate them, why do it?

17 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Is this the highest buy in at $125 for a GWP? I can't recall anything even being $100. 

i would have to imagine the customers were extremely high when buying in at that price though its partly subjective as to being "the highest".  :P

Edited by cladner

i would have to imagine the customers were extremely high when buying in at that price though its partly subjective as to being "the highest". 

i have sold the new opening store set for 150+ and this is similar. once it hits general availability though this price will drop substantially.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Deanfjr said:

when they hit in the masses on eBay and people price cut each other, I will buy one for myself. otherwise I am waiting for the x2 VIP  'til Nov for the Nutcrackers... 

I would agree with this strategy for myself, but I'm worried that the two winter vignette sets won't make it until then.

11 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

Times sure have changed... I just picked up my seasonal sets and a Belle to qualify for this promo. Looks like I'm the only one hitting 2x VIP at midnight 

Right there with ya...personal record for Freebies...spent $127, double points and five freebies!  Nothing too special (VIP excluded), but free is free!!!

image.thumb.png.85464eb646345bd658e7a2e881d6bd51.png

• Like 3

Just now, TabbyBoy said:

eBay will be flooded by the time it’s delivered anyway.

Don't think so, the buy in is too high on this one. If this was the standard €55/€60 buy in, then I'd put loads of small orders in and end up with a good few of them. Now, unless the Apollo comes back into set, I'm not likely to buy anything.