New forum layout?

Guest TabbyBoy

My only gripe is that I need to sign in again when I start a new session. Of course, very few of us like website change, but we get used to it eventually. However, pages seem to load a bit faster than before.

8 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

My only gripe is that I need to sign in again when I start a new session. Of course, very few of us like website change, but we get used to it eventually. However, pages seem to load a bit faster than before.

Do you mean sign in every time you open the Brickpicker forums? There was a (recent) problem in the previous version where if you switched between the app and website you'd have to sign in again on the website - and sometimes it would just expire your session for no good reason. Jeff was aware.... at the moment the app logon is broken so no way to tell if it's fixed but I've been signed into the forum for about 24 hours how without having to log on again (and no, not constantly on... :)).

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Do you mean sign in every time you open the Brickpicker forums? There was a (recent) problem in the previous version where if you switched between the app and website you'd have to sign in again on the website - and sometimes it would just expire your session for no good reason. Jeff was aware.... at the moment the app logon is broken so no way to tell if it's fixed but I've been signed into the forum for about 24 hours how without having to log on again (and no, not constantly on... :)).

Yes, every time that I close/open the webpage or Safari browser. I don't use the app as I don't see the point when my iMac is to hand ;-)

17 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Yes, every time that I close/open the webpage or Safari browser. I don't use the app as I don't see the point when my iMac is to hand ;-)

Maybe it's Safari... Chrome seems to be working ok (though I'm on Windows). I just closed chrome and reopened it and was still logged in.

I have noticed two minor issues:

The dark gray bar at the top/bottom of each page has black text for page numbers (example "page 2 of 2") and that's difficult to read

There is no app version right now and if I enter brickpicker through my mobile browser, I can not click any of the direct forum links on the main page (most recent posts).  It cycles back to the home page and I have to enter through one of the tabs and then find my links.

5 hours ago, bigfanofnu said:

"go to top" button is not showing up in my browser. (neither chrome or explorer)

Trying to figure out what is up with this, haven't found it yet.

4 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I have a session open on Macbook Chrome, Safari iMac and Safari iPhone.   All are logged in and I am able to navigate to multiple pages.

2 hours ago, redghostx said:

I have noticed two minor issues:

The dark gray bar at the top/bottom of each page has black text for page numbers (example "page 2 of 2") and that's difficult to read

There is no app version right now and if I enter brickpicker through my mobile browser, I can not click any of the direct forum links on the main page (most recent posts).  It cycles back to the home page and I have to enter through one of the tabs and then find my links.

Fixed the dark grey bar, i am navigating fine so far on iphone web browser.  Started on home page, tried activity page, etc.  I see a paging issue that the numbers are floating, but i am able to go to each page i want to.

46 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

getting an upload failed error something -200 when trying to load a picture. 

a particular file, file size, forum?  perhaps its one of those things?  I just uploaded a 15mb zip file in a test thread, so uploading attachments is working.  What exactly was the process.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

a particular file, file size, forum?  perhaps its one of those things?  I just uploaded a 15mb zip file in a test thread, so uploading attachments is working.  What exactly was the process.

the usual. click go choose files. pick from my phone gallery. upload. never had a problem before. tried on 3 different browsers. file size is 2.4 MBs. 

• 2 months later...