Harry Potter 2018

CM4Sci

42 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Wife wants me to buy her a 10213 Diagon Alley (from 2011). I'm guessing that would be a stupid move right now, as there's probably a decent chance of a re-release coming down the pipe...? Thoughts?

Tough call.  With the rumor of one coming, I'm tempted to buy the buildings as I have all the figures and hope that they use some different buildings in the new set.  On the flip side, other than the Weaseley's shop, what other buildings are recognizable enough to put in a new Diagon Alley set?  

1 hour ago, KShine said:

Except that the 10230 mini buildings are recognizable as being those buildings.

Can't believe they haven't made Pt. 2 of this with newer buildings.  I'm still sitting on a few of these in hopes a new one comes out and there is renewed interest in it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Tough call.  With the rumor of one coming, I'm tempted to buy the buildings as I have all the figures and hope that they use some different buildings in the new set.  On the flip side, other than the Weaseley's shop, what other buildings are recognizable enough to put in a new Diagon Alley set?  

Can't believe they haven't made Pt. 2 of this with newer buildings.  I'm still sitting on a few of these in hopes a new one comes out and there is renewed interest in it.  

My dream: Fred/George's shop, Flourish and Blotts, and Leaky Cauldron with some sort of false wall/entryway. Quality quidditch supplies would be alright too. There are quite a few shops which are visited in the books but all of the smaller ones got left out of the movies.

What I'm afraid will happen: Gringotts, Ollivanders, +1 more. Smaller buildings with more pieces than 10217, $300 price tag after all the 1x2 and 1x4 bricks are replaced by cheese slopes, studs, and 1x2 plates

2 hours ago, southcollector13 said:

My dream: Fred/George's shop, Flourish and Blotts, and Leaky Cauldron with some sort of false wall/entryway. Quality quidditch supplies would be alright too. There are quite a few shops which are visited in the books but all of the smaller ones got left out of the movies.

What I'm afraid will happen: Gringotts, Ollivanders, +1 more. Smaller buildings with more pieces than 10217, $300 price tag after all the 1x2 and 1x4 bricks are replaced by cheese slopes, studs, and 1x2 plates

I’m so puzzled... why are you speculating? The set has been seen in the wild and photos appear in this thread. 

14 hours ago, eliminator said:

Wife wants me to buy her a 10213 Diagon Alley (from 2011). I'm guessing that would be a stupid move right now, as there's probably a decent chance of a re-release coming down the pipe...? Thoughts?

The 10213 is a great set - I have some stored away, and based on the recent re-releases, I am not too worried about needing to move them.

I would like to see a modular quality level series of sets for Harry Potter buildings - Starting with Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, which could be great in LEGO, with so many fun details to work with.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
20 hours ago, Phil B said:

Crimes of Grindelwald opens this Friday (Nov 16). That explains all the attention and events ...

Hmmm.... big set discounts after it's done at cinemas? I can wait.