Rumour - UCS Imperial Star Destroyer re-make

Cheese

3 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Maybe the coolest set of all time in my opinion.  It is one impressive set...even more so than the 10179 to me anyway.

My opinion as well. I had 10179 but  was more impressed with 10030 as it has more of a presence due to its size. It's my favorite Lego ship on display at the moment. Haven't built the UCS Imperial Shuttle yet. That may or may not dethrone it.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, legobuddies said:

Anyone heard SSD (Super Star Destroyer ) will be re-release again in 2018?

SSD is too niche and small scale. ISD has a much higher chance to be remade, and I would actually welcome that. Remakes should be done really sparingly, but ISD, Falcon and X-Wing are those I can forgive, since the number of ships so iconic is limited. No matter how creative you are if the movie limits you.

Toy Shop, on the other hand, was not limited by its own universe. It was genuine laziness. And I share the same idea for obscure SW ships. There are enough of those so remakes are not needed. If I were LEGO I would release here and there some obscure stuff never to be remade, but make the staples available regularly for average AFOLs.

And if they ever remake any modular ... well, that would be their worst decision to date.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I think Lego will want a good year of sales data from 75192 before they think about starting a project to update any other large scale UCS

I think you are right.  It's a test.  We will see how a weakening investor/reselling/collector's market will affect sales of large scale sets like this.  Five years ago, many on this site would buy a half dozen of the new Falcon...now...maybe one.  Don't let the expected shortages deceive you.  LEGO wants to give consumers the  impression that the new Falcon is a "must have" and "hot" set.  We will see...

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

I'd expect LEGO to use the new UCS MF to "test the water" before committing to another UCS set rerelease. I missed out on the original ISD and I hope LEGO take our comments of the new MF on board and come up with something really special. C'mon LEGO... please put a lot more thought into this design and put a proper arse on it! Remember, we expect near perfection if you're gonna take £650 off us!

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

I think you are right.  It's a test.  We will see how a weakening investor/reselling/collector's market will affect sales of large scale sets like this.  Five years ago, many on this site would buy a half dozen of the new Falcon...now...maybe one.  Don't let the expected shortages deceive you.  LEGO wants to give consumers the  impression that the new Falcon is a "must have" and "hot" set.  We will see...

Or none at all as in my case! I'm now after a 10179 instead as prices are dropping and I'm trying to accept that I'll be paying above RRP for the first time ever! We can see that the pre-sale market is already flooded and this doesn't bode well with regards to competition going forward. My main fear is being scammed which is rife on eBay these days, it's the main reason why I stopped reselling in volume.

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'd expect LEGO to use the new UCS MF to "test the water" before committing to another UCS set rerelease. I missed out on the original ISD and I hope LEGO take our comments of the new MF on board and come up with something really special. C'mon LEGO... please put a lot more thought into this design and put a proper arse on it! Remember, we expect near perfection if you're gonna take £650 off us!

So, why is the UCS MILF so special, that it's a test?  We've just had two other UCS sets rereleased - Snow Speeder and Death Star.  It seems to me that we're on the part 3 of the test.  If you're just arriving for the test, you're late.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 1:32 PM, Alpinemaps said:

So, why is the UCS MILF so special, that it's a test?  We've just had two other UCS sets rereleased - Snow Speeder and Death Star.  It seems to me that we're on the part 3 of the test.  If you're just arriving for the test, you're late.

Actually, X-Wing and Sandcrawler were rereleases as well.  And Technically, Assault on Hoth is a rerelease of nearly every large Hoth set + some extras but minus many of the minifigures.  In fact, the only "new" UCS sets since 2013 are: Ewok Village, Tie Fighter, and Slave 1.  Three out of nine sets.  All others have been rereleases.  This does not give me a lot of hope for any new UCS.