75177 - First Order Heavy Scout Walker

jaisonline

set 75177 : First Order Heavy Scout Walker
pieces: 554
£54.99, $49.99

i wonder if this set is going to turn out like 2015's Kylo Ren's Shuttle.  The LucasFilm art and images used by the Lego designers didn't show the wings extended.  it looks like to me the heavy scout walker's spider-like legs should unfold for walking.  thus the word, "walker" in the vehicle's  name.

image.png

image.png

here's a review.

• Like 2

I know its not Lego's fault, but all these new SW movie sets are just like "oh look, another messy blob of grey pieces, hooray!"

True that Lego have to work within confines of the material but they should have just shelved this project once they had finished design? Someone screwed the pooch on this one. This one lies with Julia Goldin since she is ultimately responsible for product development

51 minutes ago, Cheese said:

True that Lego have to work within confines of the material but they should have just shelved this project once they had finished design? Someone screwed the pooch on this one. This one lies with Julia Goldin since she is ultimately responsible for product development

The last word always lays to Disney not to Lego.
There is a very interesting material on yt about how Star Wars sets are made and who is pulling the strings. Lego has to say next to nothing about the final product design, packaging and promotion.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

so the last jedi scout walker is the first TLJ movie set to hit 20% off.  $39.99

i doubt it will even sell at 30% off.    still, 20% off is 20% off.  i'm still not buying and this is the only TLJ set missing in my house.  i still think the spider-like legs will unfold in the film for walking / climbing on rough terrain

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0716S4VCL/

on a side note: i wonder if this walker will even make the film unlike TFA's first order snowspeeder which scenes were cut.

33 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

so the last jedi scout walker is the first TLJ movie set to hit 20% off.  $39.99

i doubt it will even sell at 30% off.    still, 20% off is 20% off.  i'm still not buying and this is the only TLJ set missing in my house.  i still think the spider-like legs will unfold in the film for walking / climbing on rough terrain

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0716S4VCL/

on a side note: i wonder if this walker will even make the film unlike TFA's first order snowspeeder which scenes were cut.

My son likes this one the best.  Don't ask, not sure why?  Did you mean TLJ?

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Actually, the First Order Snowspeeder is in the movie, all be it for about 2 seconds.  You see it in the background when Rey and Finn enter Star Killer Base just before Han is killed.  It being in the background would have occurred just after a weird snowspeeder chase scene which was cut, as you said.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2017 at 4:19 PM, Shewie said:

The last word always lays to Disney not to Lego.
There is a very interesting material on yt about how Star Wars sets are made and who is pulling the strings. Lego has to say next to nothing about the final product design, packaging and promotion.

If that is the case, then Disney had a complete fail with Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle.  Those wings were a complete fail.  I thought LEGO dropped the ball on that one or Disney refused to give LEGO proper specs to know that the wings folded out.  If LEGO had done the wings correctly, Ren's Command shuttle could easily have been one of the coolest set of TFA, possibly one of the coolest Star Wars LEGO sets ever.  I had bought two of those.  I built one before the movie and liked it.  Post-movie I sold my second one immediately and got decent money for it.  I'm just thankful there was some sort of glitch with TRU and I got both sets for free.  hehe

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Did anyone see this in the movie?  I can't recall seeing this vehicle in any of the sequences...  Looks like it's this movies "First Order Snowspeeder"..  

I have a feeling we'll see it in the Deleted Scenes of this release.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:50 AM, TANV said:

I have a feeling we'll see it in the Deleted Scenes of this release.

I just finished watching the movie and this looked like what was pulling the battering ram laser but had 10-12 legs instead of the 4 in this set.  I believe there were two of them.

15 hours ago, keith1833 said:

I just finished watching the movie and this looked like what was pulling the battering ram laser but had 10-12 legs instead of the 4 in this set.  I believe there were two of them.

Is that what those were? They looked like two giant squares to me at the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1