75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

3 hours ago, Klownicle said:

Guess what boys and girls, this set is in Toys R Us's system... that should mean it isn't so exclusive.  Doubt this will have in tore availability but online retailers perhaps.

Oh boy oh boy.

I take it you work or know someone who works for TRU to know that its in their system?

I did think at some point TLG would push out to other retailers here in the US -> Amazon US, Target, TRU and Walmart etc... to increase the sales and their bottom line profit on this huge expensive set.

4 hours ago, Klownicle said:

Guess what boys and girls, this set is in Toys R Us's system... that should mean it isn't so exclusive.  Doubt this will have in tore availability but online retailers perhaps.

Oh boy oh boy.

Thanks for that information. I`m not really surprised. Looking forward to hit the shelves @Galeria after Christmas. 

1 hour ago, BrickSamurai said:

increase the sales and their bottom line profit on this huge expensive set.

I'm not convinced this set is that expensive / low profit for TLG.

at the end of the day it's manufactured in an automated process and boxed up. Apart from Disney licensing they have no third party costs, it's their product after all. No need for any special components. Sure it's heavy but many things are.

It's very expensive I think there is plenty of profit for TLG.

Its more expensive than many large kitchen appliances and electronics such as fridges and TVs, yet those can be shipped or stocked in store and make the sellers a margin.

actually I think it gives TLG really god value, it's like they are selling 10 mid-size sets in one sale but with only one unit to shift.

i think TLG will do just fine £€$-wise

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrickSamurai said:

I take it you work or know someone who works for TRU to know that its in their system?

I did think at some point TLG would push out to other retailers here in the US -> Amazon US, Target, TRU and Walmart etc... to increase the sales and their bottom line profit on this huge expensive set.

Well, maybe TRU won´t be around by the time this one goes to general release.

Of course it won´t be exclusive to TLG forever, that would be dumb. What will make it exclusive it size an price as many shops will only have it as a web order item.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Graphicski said:

Im liking that - was hoping to do similar - where was that from and how much please 1f601.png?

I ordered it from Klarity design - their website is glassfurniture.co.uk. I sent them an email with sizes and they made a custom design for me. 

I ordered it a bit too big size wise, so the cost inflated to £1,500 - its pretty thick glass. I don't think you can see from the photo but the only way you can get into this is to lift the entire glass structure off the base, and it takes two people to do this. Looking back I think I would have preferred one of the panels to open on one of the sides to make access easier.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrickSamurai said:

I just asked if the UPC was in their system.  And it was. The price showed up as $799.99 and had something also that mentioned a free movie at the bottom of the internal page.  Couldn't see more detail to know if it was some sort of promo. The woman said no stock was due to arrive anytime soon at locations.  But she said if it's in there they'll carry it eventually.

RWeb # 810544

UPC # 673419267656

http://barcode.live/?upc=673419267656

I tried to scan the barcode at Walmart and nothing came up.  Haven't tried Target yet...

Edited by Klownicle
  • Like 1

Hey ed or anyone else who's been here a while. From the long term investment point of view I'm wondering if I should buy a second falcon  or buy the retired star destroyer set 10030. I'm a hardcore collector and have a few sets for investments but I also build. If I bought 10030 I would build which would cut the value in half. I just recently found your site And have seen that some of my past "investments" may have not been so good. I.e Porsche and bat mobile. Just wondering what you guys you guys think. Also might it be better to start spending my big dollars going back and getting my desired ucs sets or not. Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

10030 would be a very bad purchase if you're buying for investment purposes. Price has peaked with bogus bricks and also with the recent trend for remakes 10030 is a prime candidate to be remade. If that happens say goodbye to a large hunk of your capital. You just have to see the impact that 75192 has had on 10179.

On the other hand if you're one of those collectors that must have every UCS set even though it has been remade and can take the hit on your outlay in the event of a remake (i include myself in this category) then make sure you get yourself a good deal.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Cheese said:

10030 would be a very bad purchase if you're buying for investment purposes. Price has peaked with bogus bricks and also with the recent trend for remakes 10030 is a prime candidate to be remade. If that happens say goodbye to a large hunk of your capital. You just have to see the impact that 75192 has had on 10179.

On the other hand if you're one of those collectors that must have every UCS set even though it has been remade and can take the hit on your outlay in the event of a remake (i include myself in this category) then make sure you get yourself a good deal.

These guys also were too late to the party:

https://brickset.com/article/26104/special-offer-from-ucs-replicas

5 minutes ago, *stardust* said:

So a second falcon may be a better option ? I'm also eyeing the ucs Naboko star fighter and obi wans ship. I like these ships but as I now know Lego can and probably will remake them at some point. I guess it's up to me as to want I want to display

I can think of better sets to buy for investment than either . They are both terrible investments imho 

• Like 1

The actual lead designer of the Falcon was signing copies today at Skaerbeck along with the other dude that did the stickers and was in the designer video. Expect these Falcons to be hitting eBay soon. Should hopefully make a big dent in the resell values of the Leicester sq horde.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

The actual lead designer of the Falcon was signing copies today at Skaerbeck along with the other dude that did the stickers and was in the designer video. Expect these Falcons to be hitting eBay soon. Should hopefully make a big dent in the resell values of the Leicester sq horde.

I really don't think it will have a huge dent. The London ones have the added feature of the numbered (limited to 100) MF cards.

Edited by eliminator

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Why do we want the resale value to come down exactly?