75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

2 minutes ago, boliramirez said:

The Lego Shop at home purchases do not have a restocking fee or any return fee as the ones int he B&M ???  

Not in Europe, at least. That´s one reason why sold out items come back during sales as resellers return stuff to rebuy it cheaper.

The policy may change if the financial squeeze continues.

31 minutes ago, belljohn said:

What I heard from a Customer Rep today when I asked her if I should cancel my order and order another with 2x VIP:

"The October launch is delayed.  We don't have a new date for the launch.  We might offer another VIP order date before the official launch.  Don't cancel your order if you want one.  All backorders will be filled before any official launch.  You are lucky to have placed an order."

She convinced me not to cancel.  Maybe that is the official speech, but the MF announcement is no longer on the home page, and there is no reference to Oct 1st anymore.

Decemeber 1st launch anyone?

That would be a tough pill to swallow and I find that hard to believe.  If that was the case, why would they bother restocking the stores and letting them be sold prior to the Oct1 launch?  That's just killing yourself and makes no sense to take a huge public black-eye... just so they could restock retail for VIP-only buyers?  Nah..

It would be much easier to just offer a limited amount of stock Oct1 and just say 'Out of Stock' again quickly instead of going through the public facing "we had to change the launch date" fiasco.  

I'm just surprised they allowed backordered orders in the first place.  For a big machine with lots of 'needs' in terms of who gets stock.. It's kind of easiest to push the backorder customers to the end of the line.

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

So let´s see. Numbers (and these could be box or VIP card) listed so far are; 2, 6,7,8,9,21,24, 33,35,39,70,74,80,83,96,100,102,108,109,114,124,138,142, 150 and 2 with secret numbers.

That´s 26 out of 150 SO FAR. So almost 20% of those waiting all day for these were doing so as scalpers.  When people claim resellers are not important consumers of Lego, I think that´s quite a clear answer they are.

Thanks for tracking this.  It's interesting to see over this finite commodity for sure.  "important" vs "significant" could be different interpretations too :)  

4 hours ago, Klownicle said:

Oct 1st is a Sunday, so in theory, the Lego Store locally would need a truck on Friday where they keep the stock for Sunday?  Does Lego receive "special" trucks for release day deliveries?

they do get special shipments other than the normal weekly truck.  The sets that came in the beginning of last week were actually direct fedex shipments individually packaged just like you would get from Shop at Home.  They actually had the shop at home receipt in them just addressed from LEGO to the particular LEGO store they went to.

normally a release day set would be in 2-3 weeks before it went on sale on a exclusive.  This one is a bit different obviously so the originals were only in a few days before VIP.   Then the fedex shipments came with some small 2-4 shipments.  Then Thursday and Friday more came in depending on where you were with quantities ranging from 5-12 for the most part.  

• Like 2

Hi I am new here but have been following this thread for a while. I live in Calgary, Alberta Canada. and on sept 14th, they had 23 copies of 75192. I did not line up, instead took my chances online and like everyone else, after an hour of server issues I was able to place my order and today it is still 'waiting for stock'

last thursday, the lego store in my city had some in, I went and bought one just to secure myself a copy and to ensure I have a perfectly mint box for collecting. they had 5 copies last Thursday.  and while those where sold out quickly after wards, today I Called again and they say they got another 6.

remind you we only have 1 store in the city. somehow I feel the allocation has something to do with sales? seeing many here a reporting single digit stock count. 

So the pattern is, Lego will nearly want to restock the store front even if it means online stays out of stock indefinitely. The same with the Saturn V, I was fortunate enough to have stumble into them at my store and I bought one. My brother on the other hand, refused to pick one up when I texted him and so he is out of luck again as he is waiting for the online to be restocked. 

I also talked to my Lego sales rep and he says Lego has priority restocking the store due to their business model of drawing potential buyers if you visit. So if the UCS falcon is as popular as everyone thinks. the real shortage is online. not at the stores. stores will continue to have regular shipment. I have already seen 3 restocking since sept 14th at my store. This completely does not reflect what is happening shopping online. If anything, I reckon TLG will keep the online status out of stock as long as possible. which means your best chances at buying a copy if you do not have one is at the store on oct 1st, or when ever they get a surprise shipment. 

I can honestly see TLG keeping their online status  out of stock indefinitely. 

Edited by GenMaster
  • Like 2

I was told that stock is done for the year from a store manager and that they didn't expect to get anymore units in until they fulfilled all the backorders.  They sold/pre-sold 15k units already according to her.  Because of this they'll print more VIP cards then they planned.

Phone person told me that the store has a different distribution center and so many had already been allocated to them.  That's why the stores were able to get another shipment.  She hinted that there may be more despite what I was told by my local manager.  She also mentioned that the next backorders from online orders will be filled Oct 16-20.  She has no idea when the next set will be ready.

Anyways, hopefully this post doesn't get buried because of moderator approval.  Only time will tell if what I was told is accurate??? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Order just went from waiting to backordered, yaaay. Now i'll see what CS gives me as my estimated delivery..

Might save me an ungodly hour Lego store camping Wednesday morning if the estimated shipping date isn't too terrible.

Mine moved to backordered just now!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

So on one hand we're worried about the amount of supply and potential of MF returns due to dininshing QFLL profits... but on the other hand we're getting reports that this is now OOS for this year?

this is bonkers

no one really knows, but if TLG can drop the ball on Saturn V, I can  completely see them underestimating the demand for this UCS Falcon since it is a 800 dollar set and somehow the number 20k black VIP cards keeps coming up. TLG may have thought 20k was enough to satisfy demand at least until the end of the year. I imagine even if they backfill all the online orders, they will probably not allow any more online purchase until stores begin to carry regular inventory beyond weeks.

Edited by GenMaster
  • Like 1

Here's what I know. I'm in Cleveland. The Lego store got 4 MF's on the 14th, 7 more on the 15th, and I'm aware of another delivery the following Thursday the 21st of another 5-6. I bought one on Friday the 15th around 10:15am; there was 1 of the 7 they got that day left for somebody else. After sitting on it for a few days trying to decide whether to build or sell on Craigslist locally, I posted it on the 20th to see if I got any bites. I had one response almost immediately, and sold it that day for $1,400 cash. I left the listing up on Craigslist to gauge interest; I have not gotten another bite on it. When I called the Lego store on the 21st to check stock and see if it was worth going in, they still had 3 of that days delivery in around 10:30am; that combined with the lack of responses from Craigslist led me to believe the local market might have been saturated and everyone who wanted one probably already got one (or wasn't willing to pay a premium). I decided not to go pick up the 2nd Falcon. I do still have an online backorder open; I'll let that go through and be fulfilled, or else I'll wait until whenever to try and pick one up with some kind of discount. I should already be getting the VIP card sent to me anyways.

5 hours ago, Val-E said:

So let´s see. Numbers (and these could be box or VIP card) listed so far are; 2, 6,7,8,9,21,24, 33,35,39,70,74,80,83,96,100,102,108,109,114,124,138,142, 150 and 2 with secret numbers.

That´s 26 out of 150 SO FAR. So almost 20% of those waiting all day for these were doing so as scalpers.  When people claim resellers are not important consumers of Lego, I think that´s quite a clear answer they are.

Let's be realistic here. I don't think every one that is up for sale is someone who intended to resell when they queued, however when they are seen going for ridiculous sums you would have to consider listing and grabbing another at RRP.

I'm glad the small margin on the standard release meant I didn't have to even contemplate that choice.

• Like 2

I've been following this post and I'm obviously new - 1st post.  My order was in stock day one and later in the day switched to waiting for stock.  It switched sometime today to backorder and I called lego support and was also given the Oct. 8 shipping date.  Rep put me on hold for about 3-4 minutes before coming back and saying he had to get approval to give out a date.