75188 - Resistance Bomber

HandyHand

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So a local mom and pop has 3 resistance bombers at $130 each(non-Finch Dallow of course). At $130 my very rough calculation of +30% to make it worthwhile would mean I would have to sell them for $170 short term to make anything, long term...I'm not sure what the future holds. I doubt a new release is coming anytime soon, but I also know in general sequel sets don't do as well as OT and prequel ones do. What do you all think, should I snap them up? Or do you think the prices have plateaued on this one? 

1 minute ago, tyskr28 said:

So a local mom and pop has 3 resistance bombers at $130 each(non-Finch Dallow of course). At $130 my very rough calculation of +30% to make it worthwhile would mean I would have to sell them for $170 short term to make anything, long term...I'm not sure what the future holds. I doubt a new release is coming anytime soon, but I also know in general sequel sets don't do as well as OT and prequel ones do. What do you all think, should I snap them up? Or do you think the prices have plateaued on this one? 

It's Niche...  No one's Star Wars Collection of ships is missing a Resistance Bomber.

That said I would get all 3. It's actually a pretty cool set...I got 1 used and a NISB for my own collection. Very unique SW ship as well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

It's Niche...  No one's Star Wars Collection of ships is missing a Resistance Bomber.

That said I would get all 3. It's actually a pretty cool set...I got 1 used and a NISB for my own collection. Very unique SW ship as well.

Yeah, it is definitely niche, though it does seem to be somewhat desirable. Maybe because it plays such an important role in the movie? I don't know. I do agree though, I refurbished a used one I got cheap and enjoyed the build. I'm really on the fence about this one though. I'm careful about what I buy to hold long term because I have limited storage space and limited capital...might have to flip a coin on this one lol.

OK, so maybe an interesting development. I went ahead and picked up 2 (someone else already snagged the third one) they both have the old box art with the generic pilot but one of them has the seal number 11R8...was it ever confirmed that the Dallow figure was included in sets with the original box art or was that just rumor? I mean there is no way I'm that lucky...but I have to say I am tempted...

I just saw the prices of the minifig on bricklink and I'm pleasantly surprised. The best part is lego sent me extras as someone messed up and sent it to Swaziland instead of Switzerland. 🤣 After I received the replacements from lego reached me the ones that got mis-sent to Swaziland arrived as well. Not complaining of course. 

19 hours ago, coelian said:

I just saw the prices of the minifig on bricklink and I'm pleasantly surprised. The best part is lego sent me extras as someone messed up and sent it to Swaziland instead of Switzerland. 🤣 After I received the replacements from lego reached me the ones that got mis-sent to Swaziland arrived as well. Not complaining of course. 

Wow, starting at $190 in the US. The way that LEGO handled this whole thing was such a mess...Glad you ended up making out on the deal!

Edited by tyskr28

• 6 months later...

Wow. I have one of these (Finch Dallow), and I’m not really set up for any kind of online resale or anything….what’s the best way for me to sell it reliably without any sort of risk? I love having it, but I think at this point I’d rather sell it and turn it into one of my white whales (like any of the larger Lord of the Rings sets).

1 hour ago, OCD_Chad said:

It's now at $474 min on Bricklink.  I'm still holding.

I will hold till it hits 1k at least. I think the quantities may be lower than Mr Gold, doesn't take up any space too. I sold one for 320chf recently and won't sell anymore. 

3 hours ago, coelian said:

I will hold till it hits 1k at least. I think the quantities may be lower than Mr Gold, doesn't take up any space too. I sold one for 320chf recently and won't sell anymore. 

I'm thinking the sequel trilogy stuff is dead and isn't getting remade for a very long time.  But how big is the market for a minifigure that expensive of a character that had so little time in the movie?  I've never sold just a minifigure anywhere close to that level before.  How long did it take for your buyer to come along?

7 hours ago, thegraverobber said:

Wow. I have one of these (Finch Dallow), and I’m not really set up for any kind of online resale or anything….what’s the best way for me to sell it reliably without any sort of risk? I love having it, but I think at this point I’d rather sell it and turn it into one of my white whales (like any of the larger Lord of the Rings sets).

You could always post it here and maybe someone would be willing to buy or trade.
https://www.brickpicker.com/forums/forum/61-trading-want-ads-for-sale/

• Like 1