70908 - The Scuttler

Saruman

28 minutes ago, Saruman said:

Anyone else think The Scuttler is a good bet? The set was released JAN 2017 and is retiring JAN 2018. Was it such a bad sale? Or so popular that they sold out. Ebay is selling them for like 50 bucks. Trying to decide whether I should buy it or not.

Not a huge Batman collector, but my concern is that this set is too unusual in appearance.  It is a design only used in the movie that does not carry over to general batman fans.  I don't think the movie was successful enough such that these very specific sets will have a lot of value (The Lego Movie was popular enough to create its own market).  But I've been wrong before, and its an interesting set for sure.

1 minute ago, Cbenioff said:

Not a huge Batman collector, but my concern is that this set is too unusual in appearance.  It is a design only used in the movie that does not carry over to general batman fans.  I don't think the movie was successful enough such that these very specific sets will have a lot of value (The Lego Movie was popular enough to create its own market).  But I've been wrong before, and its an interesting set for sure.

I agree. The problem with most of this movie's sets is the same - they were on screen for a few seconds in most cases and left little impact. Plus you can get versions of most characters in other Batman sets so there's little that is must have about these. Wish I'd bought more Arctic Rollers when I could but don't see a lot of wow factor in this theme outside of the Joker low rider. 

29 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I agree. The problem with most of this movie's sets is the same - they were on screen for a few seconds in most cases and left little impact. Plus you can get versions of most characters in other Batman sets so there's little that is must have about these. Wish I'd bought more Arctic Rollers when I could but don't see a lot of wow factor in this theme outside of the Joker low rider. 

Funny, the Arctic Roller and Low Rider are two sets I bought and I didn't buy much from this line.  I just thought they were cool.  I also liked the Clayface set.

• Like 1

The villains' vehicles were on the screen for a short time, but the Scutter had the most screen time by far. If the movie turns out to be a cult classic for kids, then this would be the vehicle. Not the batwing, or batmobile (both).
But that's if the movie is worth remembering.

• 3 months later...