3841 - Minotaurus

IrishGuy66

This set has been marked down to $7, should I buy? I don't really have much experience in Lego Games, but this sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

I don't have very much knowledge about Lego Games either, but looking at the trends of the sets on eBay, (http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?LH_ItemCondition=3&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=lego+3841&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc) the set seems to be selling at about $17, though this is not a very popular set, which is why it sells on ebay for about $8 less than store retail price.

Looking at the history of Lego Games, here on Brick Picker, it seems like most of them have stay +/- $10 of their original retail price, and then after about 2 years decline in price.

I think that it is a OK set to have for a short term investment, but as a long term, I am not so sure. I would sell within 1 year.

:^) comicblast

It doesn't seem like the Games sets will be all that valuable later on according to current value. They could be eventually but right now they seem to be worth more when you sell the separate parts. That Minotaurus set has a 32x32 green baseplate and some other rare pieces that someone always wants. People may not realize it but there are some rare gems in them Games at least parts wise. I got a couple at half-off just for the parts.