Star Wars Summer 2012 Sets

timinchicago

I see that LEGO has just posted several of the Star Wars summer 2012 sets on the UK LEGO Shop at Home. Any idea of when to expect them in the US and how much they will be?

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Star-Wars-ByTheme

From what I see, Jabba's Palace looks great, but the UK price of 119 pounds ($183) for 717 pieces seems very high to me. Do the wide range of set prices throughout the world have any impact on the set price after EOL?

Edit: I fixed the link...I think. Ed.

I see that LEGO has just posted several of the Star Wars summer 2012 sets on the UK S@H. Any idea of when to expect them in the US and how much they will be?

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Star-Wars-ByTheme

From what I see, Jabba's Palace looks great, but the UK price of 119 pounds ($183) for 717 pieces seems very high to me. Do the wide range of set prices throughout the world have any impact on the set price after EOL?

Probably a lot less than the UK...LOL. It always seemed to me that if it was 119 pounds in the UK, it would sell for $119.99 in the US market, or close to that anyway... maybe $129.99. I cannot speak for our British or European members, but it always seemed to me that non-US countries pay more for LEGO sets, maybe because of higher taxes and such. But the bottom line is, non-US countries pay more for LEGO sets and sell the sets for more after EOL.

If any non-US members would like to educate a non-informed American such as myself, feel free.,. ;-)

• 1 month later...

Since everything is finally out on Amazon... What does everyone think about the new sets investment-wise? I think Jabba's Palace is going to be a home run, with a large, expensive, popular set from the original trilogy with almost all new, exclusive minifigs. The Desert Skiff is another cool one with lots of new minifigs, albeit it at a much lower price point. The Gungan Sub I can't decide how I feel about... I like the minifigs but the ship is kind of ridiculous and it's from Episode I. The planet set with Lobot should be a good pickup, since it's the first new minifig for him since the yellow days. That should be a good one to stockpile, and cheap too. The other sets don't do anything for me, but I'm always up for making money. Which ones are everybody high on?

Since everything is finally out on Amazon...

What does everyone think about the new sets investment-wise?

I think Jabba's Palace is going to be a home run, with a large, expensive, popular set from the original trilogy with almost all new, exclusive minifigs. I agree...Great set. It's a set a lot of LEGO STAR WARS fans never got a chance to buy the first time around.

The Desert Skiff is another cool one with lots of new minifigs, albeit it at a much lower price point. Yes, another cool set. I like this one a lot.

The Gungan Sub I can't decide how I feel about... I like the minifigs but the ship is kind of ridiculous and it's from Episode I. This is a way better version of the original and the Queen Amidala minifigure is fantastic...Maybe my favorite of all time.

The planet set with Lobot should be a good pickup, since it's the first new minifig for him since the yellow days. That should be a good one to stockpile, and cheap too. The Planet sets are winners IMO. Very cool.

The other sets don't do anything for me, but I'm always up for making money. Which ones are everybody high on?

My favorite is the 10227 UCS B-Wing. Awesome set.