Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

Six sets coming soon in the month of June under a dark moon....and think I saw a raccoon. ;)

Source: The Brick Fan

I am sure these sets will do well, but that image made me LOL.  Looks like they just took Dino HQ and built it with gray bricks, and even recycled the syringe guns from the theme.  The monster fighter shard piece with the dead mosquito in amber is a nice touch.

The Dino Series was quite good, but it would be a shame if lego borrows too many elements from it rather than go in an original direction. I imagine certain pieces will stay the same, as Lego more than likely wants to use the molds they already have to save on costs. I`m ok with that, but they need to do a great job of the remaining sets as well. 

Is now a good time to sell my sons old dino sets?

Can't wait to see some more details on these new sets.

Regards Alpha.

I wouldn't be holding out too long.

Sets for Jurassic World according to the Brick Fan:

Pteranodon Capture (75915)

Dilophosaurus Ambush (75916)

Raptor Rampage (75917)

T-Rex Tracker (75918)

Ultra Dino (75919)

Raptor Escape (75920)

• 3 weeks later...

Well the descriptions that have become available for the new sets is fairly underwhelming. It sort of does sound just like re-skins of the Dino theme, down to even similar set builds. Not entirely surprised i guess, but was hoping for more. As an investment i'm sure some will do well (like Dino HQ), but the collector in me is a bit let down.

Anxiously await some photos to really make my decision.

Can still hope for the Ideas project!

• 2 weeks later...

The game does look kinda cool. All four stories in one? Nice.

I just hope they get the sets right. As a die-hard fan of LOTR, it was torture to suffer through some of the sets produced. Some got it- many sets didn't.

Love the JP concept, story, etc. ...

Hoping they nail it.

And  hoping the film-makers nail it, too.

I have three favorite-going experiences (The Sixth Sense, The Matrix, and JP 1). I'll never forget, at the age of 14, watching with terror as the T-rex punched through the gate and unleashed hell. As good as a theatre experience gets.

I hope the next generation get that feeling as well- instead of the CGI-gloss that comes from films like Transformers and the new "Turtles". We'll see, I suppose...

• 2 weeks later...

^ look like i will be passing on the Raptor set unless it's the only way to get raptors.  Not impressed otherwise by the truck.  The bike is kinda cool.  If you just took the truck and put it next to other lego, aside from the tiny decals, nothing stands out to say "Jurassic Park" to me.  

• Like 1

^ look like i will be passing on the Raptor set unless it's the only way to get raptors.  Not impressed otherwise by the truck.  The bike is kinda cool.  If you just took the truck and put it next to other lego, aside from the tiny decals, nothing stands out to say "Jurassic Park" to me.  

I agree with you.. that truck looks meh. What's with the 2x8 plate on the side? Couldn't they have added something there to make it look more like a truck?

And what's that dude going to do with that little knife. Silly. :)

I believe the raptors (color, not mold) will be exclusive to a set. There appears to be 4 different designs: http://nerdreactor.com/2015/01/02/jurassic-world-t-rex-lego-set/

Raptors and Pratt alone will sell this set imo, but yes wtf is up with that truck.

I have a feeling the truck may have play features that work with the bigger set? Maybe a crane or something can lift it off. So maybe the play features took away some of it's... legitimacy? Doesn't explain that plate on the side..

Looking forward to seeing more in the next few days!

I`ll jump on the growing bandwagon, what the heck is up with the truck? It has to be one of the worst vehicles Lego has done in recent memory, like everything is off. The suspension (seriously, what??), too many exposed studs (plates on the side anyone, tiles at the very least would be better), and then the fact that it`s way too bulky looking. 

Raptors and Pratt alone will sell this set imo, but yes wtf is up with that truck.

I have a feeling the truck may have play features that work with the bigger set? Maybe a crane or something can lift it off. So maybe the play features took away some of it's... legitimacy? Doesn't explain that plate on the side..

Looking forward to seeing more in the next few days!

That`s a good point, hopefully it`s true, that may help to make up for all that is lacking. Still though, you`de think Lego would have put more care into the set even so. This one doesn`t look good at all. 

Yes obviously the target audience is kids, and a lot of them prefer the playability to display-ability, but it would have been nice to see more of a balance. This thing is far too clunky and bulky, and I just think more could have been done with a similar piece count.