9450 - Epic Dragon Battle

stackables

I just picked up the epic dragon battle for $77 from Amazon UK. I bought the Fire Temple couple of months back and everything came in great condition. I am in the US. I see this set doing very well after retirement. This might be the best price I have seen this at.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006ZS4U8Y/ref=nosim/cheassgam09-21

A couple of questions... The price is 99 GBP (which includes the VAT) and equates to $158 US$ If you subtract the 20% VAT from that price the final cost is still $127 US$ Where are you seeing the $77 price? Also when I click on any of the 99GBP cost sets they won't ship to an address in the USA. How do you get AmazonUK to ship to the USA?

A couple of questions...

The price is 99 GBP (which includes the VAT) and equates to $158 US$

If you subtract the 20% VAT from that price the final cost is still $127 US$

Where are you seeing the $77 price?

Also when I click on any of the 99GBP cost sets they won't ship to an address in the USA.

How do you get AmazonUK to ship to the USA?

It is sold out again.

• 1 month later...

Seriously, I have never been huge into Ninjago, but one of my greatest regrets is that I still haven't gotten this set. I just think it's awesome for some reason. Large scale set, lots of good mini figures, dragons! Other than the potential for Ninjago interest to dry up after its retirement, what could hold this set back?

I think you have hit the nail on the head as far as the reason why Ninjago "could" fail. Once the show is done, and Chima is the main series on tv, Ninjago could fade into oblivion. Now, I don't think this will happen, I think there will be a following to the theme, but that would be the overriding factor in its possible failure in the long term.

Thanks Steve. I just read a post from you somewhere saying that the Target by you had this set on clearance. Consider me jealous. I have the worst luck possible when it comes to finding good clearance items. Most places in my area simply sell out of their stock before it ever comes to the point of clearance. Even if Ninjago ultimately tanks, I think I would open that set up and play with the big dragon for hours. Lol.

Thanks Steve. I just read a post from you somewhere saying that the Target by you had this set on clearance. Consider me jealous. I have the worst luck possible when it comes to finding good clearance items. Most places in my area simply sell out of their stock before it ever comes to the point of clearance. Even if Ninjago ultimately tanks, I think I would open that set up and play with the big dragon for hours. Lol.

Yeah, the Super Target by me had them for $82 or something like that.(Other Targets in town still have them full price though) They had probably a dozen of them. It just doesn't fall into the "buy what you like" category. Now, I will buy some of them for my son because he likes them, and they will get played with, but I don't think I'll buy them for investment.

Something tells me this set will do well once EOL as some of the other Ninjago sets have. Not sure if I will buy it though because like you guys said, it doesn't fall into the "buy what you like" category. Still on the fence about the Epic Dragon Battle. I will most likely stay away as I usually only buy what I like. Even after reading about Ninjago over and over, and about it's investment potential I just can't seem to get into it.

It's becoming hard to find around here. I have bought and sold probably 30 of these already, but I'm just not sure the demand will be there when the cartoon goes away. I would probably pick a couple up if I found them on clearance, but there's no way I'm paying retail.

I had two and sold them for more than $150 each plus shipping about two weeks before Christmas. I used that money to purchase four because I could get them from Amazon.co.uk for less than $70 each including shipping. Too bad I got the replacement sets after Christmas. For sets that are popular with kids there are always some crazy or rich parents that will pay whatever it takes to get what their kids want at Christmas time. Unfortunately it wasn't because I was a smart investor, it was just luck I had two that I got cheap, they were sold out most places even online so parents were desperate and I wouldn't have sold them if there hadn't been a posting here mentioning how cheap you could get them from the UK so I could replace them. I think shipping was like $6.50! I was sweating a little what condition they would be in, but turned out great!