9450 - Epic Dragon Battle

stackables

Use Coupon Code: 941612012 to get 15% off. Unit price comes to $57.46 each. (might need to order 2 or more for the code to work)

Enjoy guys!

I applied the coupon to an order of 10 but the order confirmation had the coupon cancelled and the price per box was back to $67.59. Anybody else have this trouble?

I've never seen this or anything else go for half price especially at Walmart (unless it was a fluke). My Walmart got rid of their stock of these a couple of months ago so I won't see this kind of deal at all. I think Target still has some but doubt they will be there after Grey Friday.

No matter, that was an awesome deal you found made more awesomer because you're in Canada!

• Like 1

Man, not sure how this set will perform now that there have been so many massive sales. I bought mine for $52.50 (including 5% tax) each months ago thinking easy triple next Christmas (going on the assumption that this was the last year for it. Retail is $129.99 up here). Not going to happen now. 

• Like 1

Wow!  I never see 50% off in my area.  35% is the best I ever do, and I don't find stuff at that price nearly often enough.  Whenever I talk to the Walmart employees, they say Lego items rarely go on clearance, and when they do, the stuff doesn't last long.  This is one of the disadvantages of living in a major metropolitan area.  More competition.  Haha.

I have to agree with @rtisan and others that this set has been readily available at a tremendous discount might mean less of a secondary market, but you never know...maybe international buyers might snap them up, or even those who missed out on the deal. Regardless, this set is going up in value every day, which can only be a good thing.

Guest ph4tb0i

I have to agree with @rtisan and others that this set has been readily available at a tremendous discount might mean less of a secondary market, but you never know...maybe international buyers might snap them up, or even those who missed out on the deal. Regardless, this set is going up in value every day, which can only be a good thing.

I bought 9 from Sears since it was ~60 (bought them in batches of 3 and applied a 20 off 200 coupon, which brought them down to 60.92). 

For what it's worth it's a great deal considering the dragon alone already flips for around 45-50. Not sure if you have HST exemption (I own my own business so I do) but it's almost a no brainer to hoard as many as you can at that price. 

I'm pondering whether I want to buy 3 more before Sears changes the price... 

• 1 month later...

I only have two Epic Dragon Battle sets, one to keep for my 1 yr old son and one to sell. After reading about the carefully tampered with lego set containing plastic bags, a book, and some puzzle pieces I'm feeling paranoid about one of my EBD's. They both feel the same in terms of weight, but in one the contents shift more than the other. I had my wife check and she thinks they were just packed differently and I have nothing to worry about, especially given that the seals are perfect. Are you guys finding that the box is bigger than it needs to be for the contents of this set? I know that to be the case for some sets and I'm just hoping this is one of them.

Thanks!

The 2507 fire dragon whatchamacallit set was half price last spring and is getting close to selling for the 90 rrp now, so if you can get it 40-50% probably worth it, but ad I say, 2507 is still a little shy of its 92 rrp and it was retired fro the Lego shop December 2012, I see these going up in the future but will take a year or two.